PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 07:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: think i am going back to att and the iphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREY.FOXX View Post
I never understood why people make threads like this, it completely blows my mind. Like anyone on here cares what you are going to do. If you are going to go non-winmo knock yourself out but please do not make a announcement about it.

1) No one really cares.
2) Its waste of space on our forums.

Not trying to be rude but come on now.
It's amazing how much one can accomplish without even trying.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6700/mogul/Diamond/touch pro/palm pre/touch pro 2/

Roustermiller is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Roustermiller

I'm going to wait for the palm pre its better in every way. and why when somebody say there going to get the IPhone everyone just gets mad just face it the Iphone is better but not by that much the fact is htc don't help us with our phones like apple do with Iphone. come on guys there's somethings you see the Iphone do and you come back here to see if your phone can get that app for your phone. its like we are trying to keep up with the Iphone and we don't get any help from htc all they worry about is making new phones so we can pay for the samething over and over again look at the tp and the tp2. don't you guys no that your about to buy the same phone theres no big difference in the tp2 and htc knows that they put a bigger screen now you are about to pay almost $700 for a screen thats crazy. now look at the Iphone and the Iphone3g look there's a big diff between them. but like said I'm waiting on the palm pre aka the Iphone killer
Old 04-08-2009, 08:36 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

hey darren, how about hitting him up with that htc pm lol!
Old 04-08-2009, 08:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO baby
Carrier: ATT

xgm541 is becoming a great contributor

good luck friend. i wouldnt wanna pay money for an app that makes my phone show boobs and uses the gsen to make them bounce.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:44 AM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

As it has been said, to each there own.
I am not gonna say the iPhone is a bad and horrible phone, because it actually isn't, but it's just not for me, I prefer WinMo devices cause, well first I know the WinMo OS (have had a pocket PC of some sort since 2000-2001 time frame, and I like the ease of customization that can be done with it.

But also as grey.foxx stated, why post an anouncement about going to the iPhone on a PPC forum....oh well.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6700/mogul/Diamond/touch pro/palm pre/touch pro 2/

Roustermiller is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Roustermiller

Damn 2000-2001 like barack obama said it's time for a change....lol
Old 04-08-2009, 11:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

acts is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roustermiller View Post
I'm going to wait for the palm pre its better in every way. and why when somebody say there going to get the IPhone everyone just gets mad just face it the Iphone is better but not by that much the fact is htc don't help us with our phones like apple do with Iphone. come on guys there's somethings you see the Iphone do and you come back here to see if your phone can get that app for your phone. its like we are trying to keep up with the Iphone and we don't get any help from htc all they worry about is making new phones so we can pay for the samething over and over again look at the tp and the tp2. don't you guys no that your about to buy the same phone theres no big difference in the tp2 and htc knows that they put a bigger screen now you are about to pay almost $700 for a screen thats crazy. now look at the Iphone and the Iphone3g look there's a big diff between them. but like said I'm waiting on the palm pre aka the Iphone killer
The Iphone and Iphone 3G was really the same phone except that it offered 3G and GPS. Most of the differences from the original iPhone compared to what they have now (as far as I can tell) is OS/software upgrade. But seriously, taking them this long to implement things like copy/paste, and finally having videos surfacing on video recording, how is the iPhone "that much better" than the pro. How is running only one application at a time "that much better" than the touch pro?

Yeah, there are some things that the iPhone can do, but there are a lot of things the Touch Pro can do that the iPhone can't. Better really is relative to the user. Maybe there are more programs on the iPhone, especially centralized, but I don't attribute that to the iPhone being better. It's just the apple brand that has made more consumers aware of smartphones/pdas. When you have an explosion of users, and more developers, you'll have more ideas, and more people implementing them. That leads to, "hey, that's kind of cool, we should put it on our phones because it could be useful, or fun." That doesn't detract from the developers here and on xda-dev.

And anyways, I could careless for probably 98% of the applications in the itunes store anyways. As for the Pre, nobody knows how that phone will turn out, especially the applications that you'll probably be wanting/seeking. Getting that phone early will probably put you back at square one until either the development community happens, or it fizzles out and people come crawling back to winmo, move to android, or go with apple.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

acts is just getting started

sorry, double post.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

whatevs

the only way i would use an iphone was if it was jailbroken and I could use it on sprint, even then I'd be upset that I couldn't run half the stuff on the iphone that I could on a WM phone. I wouldn't want to deal with AT&Ts sorry excuse for 3G and pay 90$ for it.

Last edited by Darkjedi; 04-08-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:16 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roustermiller View Post

I too will be waiting for the pre. Intend on trading my other Pro out with it. It looks awesome. by the way didnt Sprint just start their 4G?

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.

Last edited by WarChild; 04-08-2009 at 11:19 AM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison