PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Will u be replacing your Touch Pro with Palm Pre?
YeS 55 30.90%
No 123 69.10%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Re: Replacing HTC touch pro with Palm Pre

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
i had a palm and those buttons killed my fingers! i'll stick with the touch pro and see what happens..
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
+1 for mee too
+2!!!

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 03-04-2009, 05:20 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
updates:
29 no's to 3 yes's... wow... people love the htc touch pro over the pre!!
what do you expect from a windows mobile forum???

i have to wait till it comes out and see before i actually consider to do so
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nothing because I'm broke. :'-( sad i know..
Carrier: Alltel (i guess Verizon now...)

rebelmuddlite is becoming a great contributor

i vote on the both option, why would i replace it, why not just have both, b/c i have an alltel tpro, so i can get a sprint pre, so i go with both
Old 03-04-2009, 08:49 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Keeping my Pro until the Pro 2 come out. But I will be replacing my iC902 with the Pre as soon as its released.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

1sickgsx is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to 1sickgsx

As long as he is actively making roms, I'm buying whatever phone Mighty is messing with. Perhaps an "if my favorite chef goes" option : P
Old 03-04-2009, 08:59 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I thought my mogul was my last WinMo phone. But I was wrong.

The Touch Pro is my last WinMo phone

Not exactly sure the Pre will be the one I move to. Will have to see if there are other choices. But I'm pretty much sure this last bit of RedmondThink in my life will be removed.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Palm Pre from Sprint Sooner than you think, TP owners, will you switch?

Check out the video tour of the pro by phonescoop, the device is sprint branded which means it should be out very very soon.

estimated date for pre order is the 15th, who will be switching? lets hear some opinions from the TP owners that will be jumping ship, or not..... =p Lets have some voices be heard.

The way i see it, theyve both got keyboards, both have wifi, palm has multitouch, but lacks the sd card. The device is smaller than the pro, and to be honest, amazing looking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRnlzbuLRwM

Last edited by mixxy; 03-11-2009 at 05:57 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:06 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Palm Pre from Sprint Sooner than you think, TP owners, will you switch?

I might. But I want to feel it im my hands and give it a test run before I make any wild decisions. It does...in the video...look pretty amazing. At least no one will have to worry about their chrome chipping!!

Last edited by gator352; 03-11-2009 at 06:09 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

I can't imagine that many TP users will switch; if anything we're looking at the next WM products. Owning the TP represents a commitment to the WM operating system and the Pre will quite literally be years behind the curve in OS establishment, development and app support.

It could be a great device, but for me to even consider switching, it will have to be out for quite a while.

Last edited by dr g; 03-11-2009 at 06:28 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Touch Pro + Touch Diamond

rgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to rgildoss Send a message via MSN to rgildoss

hell no....
i think the pre is ugly and the OS is crap....

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison