PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Pro vs Pro2
Keeping Pro 100 49.75%
Buying Pro2 91 45.27%
Iphone suka! Eat that! Power wheels! From Bandai! 10 4.98%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 11:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

sorge is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pro vs, Pro2

Well, it looks pretty awesome to me....but like the apache to mogul thing...not much of an upgrade.

Touch to Touch Diamond= Worth two year upgrade
Mogul to Touch Pro= Worth doing for out of the door price
Touch Pro to Touch Pro 2= Like buying the 2010 Mustang, while trading in the 2009....sure its newer....but worth the extra money?

Hell it even seems like a sidegrade, same RAM and processor....have you ever bought a laptop with the same processor as your last one?

Haven't looked at Diamond 2, well thats a bit better. Bigger screen is great for all touch screen phone, 5 megapixel camera, and I like the zoom thing....but I want my damn D pad, I used it on vogue all the time.

Oh and what are the dimensions on the pro 2....thing has got to be huge.

Edit again....WHERE IS THE FULL SIZED HEADPHONE JACK!

Last edited by sorge; 02-18-2009 at 12:07 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

I will wait for my TP to break four or five time, and they run out of refurbs and let Sprint up grade me. hehe
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 02-18-2009, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

sorge is becoming a great contributor

I really don't see it coming to CDMA anyways, if the Touch HD isn't, then I don't think this will have much of a chance. Its a sidegrade to the Touch Pro, no video out, and no headphone jack....which really suprises me. I know its a dumb little detail, but its the only reason I would ever want an instinct.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

I'd buy it, but if anyone thinks that a GSM exclusive is hitting the CDMA market, they can keep dreaming. I'll keep what I have and then wait til I have the money to get it, but it looks like imma have to get rid of the "gray area" of this poll. All in favor of losing the non-comparison selection, just send the word.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 02-18-2009, 03:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: sprint

picorelli is a n00b

Just bought the pro on november so ill just wait for the pro 3 on 2010 with winmo 7
Old 02-18-2009, 04:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
oh its def coming to sprint code named tungsten and topaz
Has anyone checked the FCC site for any details?

Just like this TouchPro now, I expect it to have been revised and altered, even at the recomendation from Sprint.

We dont have radio, front cam, but have bigger battery because of Sprint, sooo.

I would hope Sprint is smart enough to tell HTC that the buyers (Us) want more.

I expect bigger battery, and hope 5meg pixels with flash and increase CPU is in the works.
How to get Sprint to agree is the prob.
HTC can do whatever they ask...

Last edited by Maxx134; 02-18-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I agree it will come to Sprint but Is not the best move!!!

I will definitely NOT buy the TP2

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Old 02-19-2009, 02:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Not a chance. The screen is the only selling point, and while it does look fantastic, it is definetly not worth the price of admission.

Holding out for something on one of the handful of ultra-powerful new chipsets being introduced. Plus, one of these screens wouldn't hurt either.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:42 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
Anyone think its both odd and a little inspiring to see Palm go against something they knew Apple would $hit bricks over.

No one really stood up to Apple directly until little ol' Palm came back

So far, since hearing its announcement at 5am today, and i was impressed by the durable design on the Diamond2 but was sorely let down on the Touch Pro2.

Apart from carrying a name over from a previous design, taking away key features (Camera Flash and TV-Out) alienating their support base and re-classifying the device as a stricter business phone. They could have named it the HTC Tilt Pro, you know? reserved the actual Touch Pro 2 name to a worthy successor.

Now if they, used the CDMA market to fund their upcoming projects (i.e TouchPro2/Diamond2) Could of at least used the funds to invest in the new CPU architecture, and reward their hardcore base with a capable device. Instead they go to the same sub par processors.

it is my only wish, that in some logical way, HTC has already contemplated about the same processor vs screen size increase = more to process. My wish is that they finally worked out some licensing arrangement to provide full 2D and 3D acceleration.. but judging by the videos, especially the one with the Diamond2 running WinMo6.5... the honey comb UI looked as slow to slide down and up as my custom WinMO6.5 ROM for the Pro(Raph) which leads me to believe they went the same dusty road NOT to include them.

If the TP2 had come out before the Touch Pro, i'd actually look forward to upgrading to the Touch Pro for the same specifications, size, weight, and added functionality of flash and tv out. plus soon we will have a rock solid winMo6.5 VGA release with Custom Manila from the Touch Pro2.

There you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw that too and just wrote something about it on another thread! Just look at he honeycomb when the guy flips it downwards. Its stutters more than grandma! This means only one thing. SAME CPU! SAME MISSING ACCELARATED DRIVERS! HAHAH! The cats out the bag now HTC! ..................
Old 02-20-2009, 01:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Shawng2020 is becoming a great contributor

Wow HTC, just wow....

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison