PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Pro vs Pro2
Keeping Pro 100 49.75%
Buying Pro2 91 45.27%
Iphone suka! Eat that! Power wheels! From Bandai! 10 4.98%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 01:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint

DotKom is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DotKom Send a message via Yahoo to DotKom
Re: Pro vs, Pro2

After seein the video im hooked!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36FJb7plQ_Q

Old 02-20-2009, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: BrwnTelephoneCO

rangness is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorge View Post
Well, it looks pretty awesome to me....but like the apache to mogul thing...not much of an upgrade.

Touch to Touch Diamond= Worth two year upgrade
Mogul to Touch Pro= Worth doing for out of the door price
Touch Pro to Touch Pro 2= Like buying the 2010 Mustang, while trading in the 2009....sure its newer....but worth the extra money?
What do you think about:

Mogul to pro = ?
vs
mogul to pro2 = ?

any info out about battery on the pro2?
Old 02-20-2009, 01:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

CuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to CuzinBucksBx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Damn dude! I wasnt even done with the poll option and you posted! WTF!lol!
ROTFLAMO!!!!
Old 02-21-2009, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

sorge is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangness View Post
What do you think about:

Mogul to pro = ?
vs
mogul to pro2 = ?

any info out about battery on the pro2?
If you are happy with your mogul, then wait, but who knows if they'll even come to CDMA. If you are willing to wait, then wait til the next new cool thing, or if you aren't then upgrade.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'll stick with my current Touch Pro and Diamond if the chefs can get most of the UI enhancements in roms
Old 06-24-2009, 01:32 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Wow.. been a long time on this thread. Looks like its almost split.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch

ricandecorazon is a n00b

Not buying a new model with an older processor!
Old 06-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

thefreeaccount2 is a n00b

What, exactly is the reasoning behind the move to widescreen VGA? Breaking compatibility with 75% of existing Windows Mobile applications in order to squeeze a mere 25% more pixels onto the screen hardly seems justifiable. Especially when VGA is already too large for current processor/video acceleration technology to handle smoothly.

They really should go Apple's route and just continue to work on improving the hardware until 1024x768 displays become affordable.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: I hate Verizon. But I hate Sprint more. And I hate AT&T morer!

kcoriginal is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to kcoriginal Send a message via Yahoo to kcoriginal

Not only am I not buying the Pro2... but I am ditching my Pro and downgrading back to 6800. When are they gonna stop shrinking these things and put some functionality into them?! Hello, BATTERY LIFE!??!?

The Number One thing I miss about my 6800 over the TP is the easy-access hard buttons on the side. I can set it to get me into Comm Manager quick so I can shut off the Bluetooth that I should not have to shut off if the battery was big enough. (And, Yes, I have the extended battery...)

Also, the TP Camera is worse than dollar store digital cameras for kids! I should know, we have several around here...! The TP has all this great... oooooooooo...... 3.x whatever MEGAPIXEL...! If they can't get the auto-focus or the manual focus or the shutter speed/exposure time down proper than what good is my Majigga-maxima-Mega-Pixel camera? Also, miss the easy hard button for the camera, too!

IM-not-so-humble-O, the TP is really bad. It's too small for my small/medium hands... the processor take forever to respond, the thing registers all sorts of erratic responses and I have tried every ROM under the sun to rectify this.

Ultimately, I think we are all in love with the POTENTIAL these things have, but HTC doesn't deserve another dime, nor do the carriers... until they get rid of their stupid marketing focus groups and get 4 geeks, an old person and a soccer-mom to review these things for usability first.

NOT buying the TP2.

kc

PS: I have the Verizon version. Definielty the worst incarnation of the TP... I have had a chance to spend some time with the Sprint version. Much nicer... but... either way... I can't believe I (we) got so jaded over this thing...

PPS: On a positive note, I am THIRLLED with the progress Bluetooth has made over the last few years. I have an HT820 and a S802 (Motorola stereo headsets) and they work AMAZINGLY! Intuitive! Rather seamless, or at least, with an occaisional delay I can totally live with. I work in a power plant. LOUD! So, it's nice to have (the 805's total DJ-style mufflers) for Podcasts and Phonecalls... then the 820 stays around my neck 24/7, best thing to happen to cell phones since Alexander Graham Bell.

Last edited by kcoriginal; 06-25-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:34 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoriginal View Post
until they get rid of their stupid marketing focus groups and get 4 geeks, an old person and a soccer-mom to review these things for usability first.
hahahah that my friend is funny!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison