Old 06-25-2009, 03:26 PM
kcoriginal
Lurker

kcoriginal is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to kcoriginal Send a message via Yahoo to kcoriginal
Re: Pro vs, Pro2

Not only am I not buying the Pro2... but I am ditching my Pro and downgrading back to 6800. When are they gonna stop shrinking these things and put some functionality into them?! Hello, BATTERY LIFE!??!?

The Number One thing I miss about my 6800 over the TP is the easy-access hard buttons on the side. I can set it to get me into Comm Manager quick so I can shut off the Bluetooth that I should not have to shut off if the battery was big enough. (And, Yes, I have the extended battery...)

Also, the TP Camera is worse than dollar store digital cameras for kids! I should know, we have several around here...! The TP has all this great... oooooooooo...... 3.x whatever MEGAPIXEL...! If they can't get the auto-focus or the manual focus or the shutter speed/exposure time down proper than what good is my Majigga-maxima-Mega-Pixel camera? Also, miss the easy hard button for the camera, too!

IM-not-so-humble-O, the TP is really bad. It's too small for my small/medium hands... the processor take forever to respond, the thing registers all sorts of erratic responses and I have tried every ROM under the sun to rectify this.

Ultimately, I think we are all in love with the POTENTIAL these things have, but HTC doesn't deserve another dime, nor do the carriers... until they get rid of their stupid marketing focus groups and get 4 geeks, an old person and a soccer-mom to review these things for usability first.

NOT buying the TP2.

kc

PS: I have the Verizon version. Definielty the worst incarnation of the TP... I have had a chance to spend some time with the Sprint version. Much nicer... but... either way... I can't believe I (we) got so jaded over this thing...

PPS: On a positive note, I am THIRLLED with the progress Bluetooth has made over the last few years. I have an HT820 and a S802 (Motorola stereo headsets) and they work AMAZINGLY! Intuitive! Rather seamless, or at least, with an occaisional delay I can totally live with. I work in a power plant. LOUD! So, it's nice to have (the 805's total DJ-style mufflers) for Podcasts and Phonecalls... then the 820 stays around my neck 24/7, best thing to happen to cell phones since Alexander Graham Bell.

Last edited by kcoriginal; 06-25-2009 at 03:32 PM.