PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 02:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Sprint Touch)
Carrier: Sprint

adavis99 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
For Those who upgraded from Touch to Diamond

Is the touch diamond a lot better? That is, is it worth a couple hundred bucks to have a totally customized diamond as opposed to a touch?

I'm considering buying one, but it looks like the only noticeable difference is a bigger (resolution and size) screen? Are there some customizations available only to the diamond?

Any feedback from those afflicted with the phone tweaking bug would be appreciated.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: For Those who upgraded from Touch to Diamond

only noticeable difference s the bigger screen?? lol how about it had more then double the hardware the touch has as well?

its night and day difference form the touch. you could run a tweaked dog turd on the diamond and it would still be faster then the touch.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 01-17-2009, 02:30 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

The speed, resolution, It's been great after I got over the learning curve and got down just the right tweaks. The only think I miss is the memory slot.

Oh and one thing I hated was pulling it out of the case and the phone answered itself. S2U2 was buggy, but this new leaked rom has the slide2answer thing down!

I'm 100% happy...but can't wait to get my upgrade in May and get a pro w/SD card...

Old 01-17-2009, 02:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Sprint Touch)
Threadstarter

adavis99 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
The speed, resolution, It's been great after I got over the learning curve and got down just the right tweaks. The only think I miss is the memory slot.

Oh and one thing I hated was pulling it out of the case and the phone answered itself. S2U2 was buggy, but this new leaked rom has the slide2answer thing down!

I'm 100% happy...but can't wait to get my upgrade in May and get a pro w/SD card...

Yeah, I'm leaning to toward the pro. I use to have a 8525 (mogul) and I really liked the keyboard, I also like having a memory slot.

Problem is, I'm way out of contract and will be buying a phone for cash. I can find diamonds for like 150-200, but the pro's are all selling for around 400.00
Old 01-17-2009, 02:53 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adavis99 View Post
Yeah, I'm leaning to toward the pro. I use to have a 8525 (mogul) and I really liked the keyboard, I also like having a memory slot.

Problem is, I'm way out of contract and will be buying a phone for cash. I can find diamonds for like 150-200, but the pro's are all selling for around 400.00
ive seen pros here that are barely used cheeper than 400$. i have a 6900 and a diamond, the diamond is waaaaaaaay better than the 6900 bro, also like my pro better than both, keep an eye on this forum, a tp just sold and op was asking 300$. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 01-17-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff

i figure that i have what it takes to get used to using the screen keyboards (the screen is more sensitive on the newer diamonds/touch pros), so i see no reason to have the TP. i had a touch for a little while, then a mogul. but now on my diamond, i am happy that i didnt settle for the touch pro. i think the diamond is the best phone i could have right now.

4 gigabytes is a lot of space, and i can store my stock rom, about 4 custom roms, apps, documents, and whatever other random few ringtons and mp3s i have and still have more than enough space on my internal storage. the only reason i see to own a touch pro would be to stuff your pants.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

I actually prefer the on screen keyboard of the diamond. I don't do a lot of typing on the phone, and found that the slide out keyboard was more a perceived benefit, rather than actual.....at least for me. I'm sure there are others who really like the hardware. The build on my Mogul got a little loose and creaky over time. I got used to putting the Touch in my pocket, and the Diamond fits even better.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steb0ne is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm144k View Post
4 gigabytes is a lot of space, and i can store my stock rom, about 4 custom roms, apps, documents, and whatever other random few ringtons and mp3s i have and still have more than enough space on my internal storage. the only reason i see to own a touch pro would be to stuff your pants.
Haha, I remember thinking 4gb was a lot...

Now, I have about 3gb (33 albums), about 3gb in movies (xvids, etc), about another gig in downloads (apps, roms, games, etc), plus all my pictures and videos I take from the camera....

and still have more than 8 gigs free.....hell, I could put the whole 2 gig Tom Tom map on my card and still have more than 4 gigs.

That was really the deciding factor for me, when I switched from the Mogul to the Diamond then to the Touch Pro. The hardware keyboard is a big benefit if ur hands are big, but isn't that big a deal since there's so many on screen keyboard options.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by steb0ne View Post

Now, I have about 3gb (33 albums), about 3gb in movies (xvids, etc),
i have an ipod.

but i use 7zip to pack up my big files, helps a lot. so 4's good for me!
Old 01-18-2009, 06:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre, touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

IFMISM is keeping up the good workIFMISM is keeping up the good work

i have both also, and i do like the size of the diamond over the pro. like many others i thought i might need more space than just a 4 gig, but i haven't filled it up yet. i find myself carrying the diamond alot more now

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison