PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ayinde6 is keeping up the good workayinde6 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help!!??...

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum I have real trouble trying to figure out which forum is for what...

Anyways I am looking for opinions to help sway my decision to try to trade in my HTC Touch Pro for an HTC Diamond. Here is my dilemma...I run a lot and I used to use my HTC “Touch” as an MP3 player, which worked excellent I might add, because of it's slim design and form. Well I purchased an HTC Touch Pro back in November and while I love the device itself for everything it can do, I can't get pass the fact that the slide out keyboard drives me absolutely crazy. The reason I went with a Pro instead of a diamond in the first place was because of the 4gb limit of the diamond and the fact that I already have an 8gb SD memory card for my pro with all my goodies on it.

Let me explain...like I said I run a lot and while my “TP” fir in my armband is very heavy, bulky and the slide out keyboard makes me feel like I am going to break it every time I pull it out of my armband holder and my hip holster for that matter. I have a 8gb Mem card for it but only 2 gig of it is being used for music. Maybe I am a victim of OCD when it comes to this phone but that dang keyboard drives me nuts, I must state that I have never had a phone with a slide out keyboard before, so maybe I am just not use to it. Other than this I love this phone, just can't shake the keyboard issue. I feel like one day it will get so loose that it starts sliding on it's own. Since I love everything else about and the diamond seems to be a good equivalent all except for the 4GB limit which I don't like, should I go to the diamond? Does anyone have an issue with the limit on space on the diamond, and the lack of a memory card slot? I am only using about 3.5 gb of memory card now and I hardly ever use the slide out keyboard for typing. Does anyone have an opinion for what I should do? Should I stick with the pro and hope the slide out keyboard never gets loose or should I remove that from the equation all together and get a diamond? I wonder which I would be able to tolerate more the 4GB limit of the diamond or the Touch Pro's slide out keyboard? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Help!!??...

sounds like you have already made your decision...stay with the Diamond since it's 4GB seems to be enough for you

Old 01-22-2009, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
sounds like you have already made your decision...stay with the Diamond since it's 4GB seems to be enough for you
No I don't have a Diamond yet...I have the Touch Pro currently but thinking of getting a diamond instead, I just wonder is the mem card slot and keyboard the only major difference between the two?
Old 01-22-2009, 01:55 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Reason to keep the Pro:

1. keyboard comes in handy if you do alot of text and email from your phone.

2. Although you only use about 2GB of space on that card, why limit yourself? Load that bad boy up with music and movies.

3. Keyboard is sturdy. Thought my Mogul Keyboard was gonna get loose when I had that and it didnt.

4. Store all of your back up pics, ringtones and programs on your memory card. I dont know for sure, but I would imagine that if you have everything saved to internal storage you would have to reinstall everything again. I hard reset whenever a problem araises and I have backups on my memory card. Can restor my entire phone (20albums, alot of pictures & video, ringtones, contacts and PROGRMAMS WITH THERE KEY CODES) back to my phone in less thatn 10min.

Thought about the Diamond at first, but didnt want to limit myself in terms of storage when I already had a 8GB card. And I hate seeing figure prints on my screen.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola A855 Droid
Carrier: Verizon

vesty16277 is keeping up the good workvesty16277 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to vesty16277

Target used to sell an Olympus MP3 Player armband. It worked absolutly flawless with my mogul and BT stereo headphones. Yes it was a little bit bulky but with the proper placement it would fit nicely. It was a stretchy type of material which allowed for a snug fit on the phone keeping it from banging around alot.
1- Motorola A855 Droid
1 - Flesh Light
Old 01-22-2009, 07:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Reason to keep the Pro:

1. keyboard comes in handy if you do alot of text and email from your phone.

2. Although you only use about 2GB of space on that card, why limit yourself? Load that bad boy up with music and movies.

3. Keyboard is sturdy. Thought my Mogul Keyboard was gonna get loose when I had that and it didnt.

4. Store all of your back up pics, ringtones and programs on your memory card. I dont know for sure, but I would imagine that if you have everything saved to internal storage you would have to reinstall everything again. I hard reset whenever a problem araises and I have backups on my memory card. Can restor my entire phone (20albums, alot of pictures & video, ringtones, contacts and PROGRMAMS WITH THERE KEY CODES) back to my phone in less thatn 10min.

Thought about the Diamond at first, but didnt want to limit myself in terms of storage when I already had a 8GB card. And I hate seeing figure prints on my screen.
I am actually using only using about 3.3 GB of my SD Card, but of all you wrote you help make my decision by stating the stability of the sliding keyboard that is my main concern. if i do stick with the TP will I be turning it in soon because of the keyboard being loose. That really help thanks...
Old 01-22-2009, 07:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesty16277 View Post
Target used to sell an Olympus MP3 Player armband. It worked absolutly flawless with my mogul and BT stereo headphones. Yes it was a little bit bulky but with the proper placement it would fit nicely. It was a stretchy type of material which allowed for a snug fit on the phone keeping it from banging around alot.
Thanks I will have to look for that...

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison