PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2009, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ayinde6 is keeping up the good workayinde6 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help!!??...

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum I have real trouble trying to figure out which forum is for what...

Anyways I am looking for opinions to help sway my decision to try to trade in my HTC Touch Pro for an HTC Diamond. Here is my dilemma...I run a lot and I used to use my HTC “Touch” as an MP3 player, which worked excellent I might add, because of it's slim design and form. Well I purchased an HTC Touch Pro back in November and while I love the device itself for everything it can do, I can't get pass the fact that the slide out keyboard drives me absolutely crazy. The reason I went with a Pro instead of a diamond in the first place was because of the 4gb limit of the diamond and the fact that I already have an 8gb SD memory card for my pro with all my goodies on it.

Let me explain...like I said I run a lot and while my “TP” fir in my armband is very heavy, bulky and the slide out keyboard makes me feel like I am going to break it every time I pull it out of my armband holder and my hip holster for that matter. I have a 8gb Mem card for it but only 2 gig of it is being used for music. Maybe I am a victim of OCD when it comes to this phone but that dang keyboard drives me nuts, I must state that I have never had a phone with a slide out keyboard before, so maybe I am just not use to it. Other than this I love this phone, just can't shake the keyboard issue. I feel like one day it will get so loose that it starts sliding on it's own. Since I love everything else about and the diamond seems to be a good equivalent all except for the 4GB limit which I don't like, should I go to the diamond? Does anyone have an issue with the limit on space on the diamond, and the lack of a memory card slot? I am only using about 3.5 gb of memory card now and I hardly ever use the slide out keyboard for typing. Does anyone have an opinion for what I should do? Should I stick with the pro and hope the slide out keyboard never gets loose or should I remove that from the equation all together and get a diamond? I wonder which I would be able to tolerate more the 4GB limit of the diamond or the Touch Pro's slide out keyboard? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison