PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 12:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Carrier: Sprint

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: returning toch pro for palm pre...

Quote:
Originally Posted by berardi1111 View Post
Maybe he is excited by how amazingly-slow WM is?

I see a bright future with WM7, but who know when we will REALLY see that--plus I have heard rumors that it won't be backwards-compatible with older WM stuff... meaning, you are going to a whole-new OS anyways... so what's the difference--other than WebOS will be easier to write for...

I'll probably get the Pre, and eventually a WM7 device--if they execute it well... but the Pre scrubbed all my plans of getting the X1a and switching to AT&T...
Old 01-21-2009, 05:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ladycruz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: returning toch pro for palm pre...

I have to agree on this. I just received my TP two days ago and maybe i dont know how to work this thing because its only been two days but i kinda like the Palm Pre over the Touch Pro as well. I LOVE the fact that Palm organized their open tasks as cards so it makes it much easier to maneuver. Also i dont know if my settings are all wrong but if im doing something with my TP and i get a text or something i wont know unless i specifically go to my messages...that sucks! I also dont like how if im scrolling through the links at the bottom and i go to the messages Icon...it shows the body of my text message without me even clicking into it. I like them to be a little more private. Again...its only been two days and maybe something is all wrong with my settings but i sure cannot figure it out. Ill give it another week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
What I guess I like is how the UI is fast and more optimized for touch, come on guys we all know WM is terrible at this... this is why we have skins for them. How you create programs for it is with basic HTML, Java, and CSS, there are millions of developers that already know how to create programs for it. I will have to wait and see but I think software development will be easiest on that system.

Its the UI I like not the phone.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison