PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PRO& BACK UP DIAMOND!!!!
Carrier: SPRINT SPEEEED

lcbster is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to lcbster
Re: returning toch pro for palm pre...

Just sell your pro then buy it

Old 01-10-2009, 03:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

enter260 is a n00b

i feel the same way as OP. the pre is just too beautiful, almost iphone-esque. makes me want to give up on my TP, but waiting until may/june is too long.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Darkflame808 is keeping up the good workDarkflame808 is keeping up the good work

Thank you so much for this post. I was about to burn an upgrade on the TP. I'll just pick one up off scambay and save it for this one.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

unbelievable......
Old 01-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

doesn't this thread sound like when they had sneak peeks of the pro last year?everyone wanted to jump ship with their touches and moguls.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Darkflame808 is keeping up the good workDarkflame808 is keeping up the good work

I'm glad they rolled with sprint seeing that this device is competing the iphone (they won't admit it) but they are. The best way to compete is to soap up as much people as they can. EVDO kills 3G IMHO and they know a lot of sprint people who depend on the net don't want to jump ship just to get an iphone. They can pick this up and have almost everything they want.

I hope they have some sort of 3D hardware support for future proofing the device.

Also I think the device will be the first EVDV device.

They just talked about being on speaker phone and sending an email at the same time?
Old 01-11-2009, 07:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Nothing beats a HTC with all the different roms right at our finger tips
Old 01-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yeah the lack of Win Mo is a buzzkill with this new device.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
Nothing beats a HTC with all the different roms right at our finger tips
Apparently the phone is very open to customization. You won't NEED a new ROM to get the changes you desire.

I have heard rumors that the Pre may actually be released by the end of February. If it's not coming until June, then I will probably buy a Pro off of Craigslist or something, but I am not wasting my upgrade on the Pro--or getting locked to Sprint for 2 years--not in such an exciting market.

There are some really cool devices around the corner, just like always... but being locked with ANY company would suck right now.

For Windows Mobile, without keyboard, I really like the Pharos 137 Traveler.

For Windows Mobile, with keyboard, the X1a takes the cake.

For non WM, I'd say the Pre is the sexiest device, with a great OS. It gives full custom access, with the simplest and most widely-known programming languages used for programs, and the thing is just straight-up powerful.

I'd love to have the device for a WM phone too... I love the form factor. No turning the phone sideways, opening the keyboard, waiting 1-5 seconds, (depending on how laggy the TP feels like being at that point in time,) typing a few characters, closing keyboard, waiting 5 more seconds, then sending your message.

Like they mentioned in the keynote, Palm has always aimed at making very productive devices. Yes, you lose a little bit of the "tinkering," abilities by going with WebOS--but that might not be permanent. Instead, you get a (supposedly,) much more reliable, faster, sexier device/experience.

I would take the Pre over the Pro any day. Since the Pre might not be out for a while, I might have to pick up the Touch Pro, or Treo Pro, until I can get my fix.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

berardi1111 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooover View Post
yeah the lack of Win Mo is a buzzkill with this new device.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison