PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 04:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

edub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Is there anyone else taking there touch pro back for new upcoming HTC devices?

I am planning on taking my touch pro back tomorrow due to the recent news im sure everyone has seen or heard about.

The idea of an touch hd with a qwerty keyboard has blown my mine and i definitely dont want to pay 700 dollars or more for one of these phones.

Another question is am I breaking my contract since im in the 30 day period?
Old 01-13-2009, 04:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Focus S
Carrier: ATT

tonyh750 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to tonyh750
Re: Is there anyone else taking there touch pro back for new upcoming HTC devices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub186 View Post
I am planning on taking my touch pro back tomorrow due to the recent news im sure everyone has seen or heard about.

The idea of an touch hd with a qwerty keyboard has blown my mine and i definitely dont want to pay 700 dollars or more for one of these phones.

Another question is am I breaking my contract since im in the 30 day period?
You're not breaking your contract, no. You have 30 days from sign up to replace / return a phone / contract. you're in the clear.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:33 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Is there anyone else taking there touch pro back for new upcoming HTC devices?

no, your fine within 30dys. i think youll be waiting a while though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

edub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks for the info. Im going to miss the TP. If the screen was as big as the HD i would have kept it.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

From an article I was just reading.

Quote:
HTC, manufacturer of the T-Mobile G1 smartphone, is set to launch a brand new phone touchscreen phone targeting the Apple iPhone and Palm’s new Pre, according to a senior executive of Telstra via an exclusive report by Smarthouse. According to the report, the new smartphone has been developed using a combination of the Google Android operating system and Linux-based software written by HTC itself.
The screen will likely be bigger than any of HTC’s current offerings.
The Telestra executives also reportedly called the device “better and more functional” than the just-announced Palm Pre, which uses Palm’s new webOS platform:
“We have seen both and we believe that the new HTC phone will be a real competitor to the iPhone and the Pre which at this stage looks nice but is still not delivered to market,” Smarthouse reports the unnamed executives saying.
The organizers of the Consumer Electronics Show awarded Palm the best product award in the mobile phone and smartphone category as well as “Best in Show.”
HTC’s new phone is expected in the second quarter of 2009.
Will this be the rumored G2? It’s unclear. but with a serious lack of Android presence at this year’s CES, expect more news of Android implementation as the year progresses.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:44 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i gota have wimo no matter what. no wimo, no go. no pre for me.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyh750 View Post
From an article I was just reading.
wow. i haven't been excited for phones in a long time. This year is gonna be history. One of the best years ever. i cant wait. ill jus stick to my mogul for now
Old 01-13-2009, 04:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i gota have wimo no matter what. no wimo, no go. no pre for me.
Personally I think the pre looks absolutely retarded. But then again, I've never been a fan of Palm. EVER. Even with the w series. something about them just makes me want to punch a baby.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub186 View Post
wow. i haven't been excited for phones in a long time. This year is gonna be history. One of the best years ever. i cant wait. ill jus stick to my mogul for now

If it actually has android on it, I'd be impressed; it opens a lot of options, even dual boots to winmo, which... in itself could be interesting. But obviously a lot of a phone's capabilities lies within what's inside. It's possible they could be throwing android in and dumbing down the processor. Whoooo knows.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:49 AM
acs tester

released second quarter my but, dont hold your breath. i got my pro for 150$, sprint would love my sobb story for the hd, i better get to work on some bs about my pro to get the hd, i goto go. lol

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison