PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2008, 12:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sammy Epic
Carrier: Sprint

strickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good workstrickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to strickly_ppc670
BB 8830 vs Sprint HTC Diamond Pro

Please help me out here. I am reviewing alot of phones and need some advice from both sides. My uses are more for the Phone, text, email, and web surfing- business login and such.

please help me to make a decision!

thanks

SS
----------Priceless ----------
Old 09-07-2008, 12:48 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
Re: BB 8830 vs Sprint HTC Diamond Pro

Moved to Phone Comparison forum.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 09-07-2008, 12:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

I was a BB user for 3 years before jumping ship to WM. Couple things to remember about BB: 1) You can't run multiple apps, as you can with WM, and 2) BB devices use a 3rd party server to supply your email. This past year, RIM (the parent company of BB) suffered at least two widespread outages. Check these postings over @ WMexperts for further.. http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/an...rvice_out.html and
http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/ed...er_back_w.html. What this comes down to is that there is a server between the one that sends your email (e.g. your company's mail server or your ISP) and the receiving point. If this third party server goes out, you're not getting any mail, eventhough your originating server and receiving server/device may be working just fine. You're completely at the mercy of this outside company to get the server back up and running. Finally, I'm not sure about the number of add-on apps available for the BB, but there's sure no shortage of them for the WM platform. Bottom line..stick with WM

Old 09-07-2008, 12:56 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by strickly_ppc670 View Post
Please help me out here. I am reviewing alot of phones and need some advice from both sides. My uses are more for the Phone, text, email, and web surfing- business login and such.

please help me to make a decision!

thanks

SS
well if you ask me, i'd say get the Diamond or Touch Pro
Old 09-07-2008, 01:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

strickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good workstrickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good work

geekcop, thanks for the informaiton! Clearly it sounds like WM is more reliable than the BB. Is the web surfing any better the current IE/Opera/netfront solutions on the WM phones?

i really appreciate the info.

SS
Old 09-07-2008, 01:16 AM
VIP Member

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think you're still better off with WM for that. The browsers available for WM (pIE, Skyfire, and Opera) support features such as page panning and tabbed browsing. Remember, too, BB's are not touch screen devices.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Treo Pro

Palooz is just getting started
Send a message via Skype™ to Palooz

Also, Blackberry does not have an HTML browser. It processes some stuff, but most pages cannot be rendered as anything recognizable.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:30 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palooz View Post
Also, Blackberry does not have an HTML browser. It processes some stuff, but most pages cannot be rendered as anything recognizable.
Very true! You'll end up with a lot of pages full of text, and not much else
Old 09-07-2008, 02:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

YOu guys are truly schooling me about the BB os! Thanks so much, no touch screen is a definate issue as well. Thanks again!

SS
Old 09-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: "THE NOW NETWORK"

Ya Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Ya Boi D

Honestly, Im very PRO Windows Mobile as well but to tell you the truth, you have to use both to make a fair comparison. Ive had many WM phones & am now using my 1st BBCurve & I must say, its a LOT more stable than WM. As far as an HTML browser, you can easily install Opera Mini to solve that issue. What I DO miss about WM is the customization I used to do to it but the more I customized, the more unstable the OS would become. Ive had the Imate SP3i, 700w, 700wx, Sprint Touch & they all been great. I just needed a phone that just plain WORKED everytime. No resets every other day,wk,month...NONE. I will also say this, as far as the phone function goes, BB blow WM out of the water. Again, customization is where WM excels but as an EVERYDAY RELIABLE phone, I cant say that about WM. I WILL be back though when WM7 is released,lol...

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison