PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Lurker

fenix is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The iphone has the best UI of any phone ever.period

I have used tons of over seas symbian phones,I currently have the treo 800, and the instinct by samasung. I just got my girlfriend a iphone 3g and I jailbroke it to version 2.0 and I have to tell you it is beautiful. The ui is fast,responsive,vivid,and clean. It is the most intuitive ui I have ever used. Using ftp with this phone is a cynch. For anyone who said the instinct was a ipone killer; you must be using a diferent phone than me. This iphone puts the instinct to shame(atleast after its cracked,which takes all of about 5 minutes).
Old 07-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: The iphone has the best UI of any phone ever.period

I'm gonna move this to the basement and add to the many iphone vs (X) disucssoin.

late,
Coz
Old 07-30-2008, 06:55 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenix View Post
I have used tons of over seas symbian phones,I currently have the treo 800, and the instinct by samasung. I just got my girlfriend a iphone 3g and I jailbroke it to version 2.0 and I have to tell you it is beautiful. The ui is fast,responsive,vivid,and clean. It is the most intuitive ui I have ever used. Using ftp with this phone is a cynch. For anyone who said the instinct was a ipone killer; you must be using a diferent phone than me. This iphone puts the instinct to shame(atleast after its cracked,which takes all of about 5 minutes).
so what?
Old 07-30-2008, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: SprintPCS

the_goldentiger is keeping up the good workthe_goldentiger is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to the_goldentiger

Quote:
sounds very good but I STILL LOVE MY MOGUL. GRRRRRRRRRR
Old 07-30-2008, 07:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

ayling68 is just getting started

But it's app;e that's enough for me to never touch it
Old 07-30-2008, 07:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

Quote:
Yawn! Was there a point in here somewhere. Do iphone nuts not understand that if we wanted an iphone we would have got one and that no matter what they post our opinions will not change.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 07-30-2008, 08:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro (sprint)
Carrier: sprint

theevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

alright guys what is everyone's problem with the iphone? is it that you're jealous? i have a mogul as my only phone, but i still have the courage to say that the iphone isnt that bad. at all. but that being said, i still think that it is way over raded. because there's still alot that it lacks. but the features that it does have are close to flawless.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900 (HTC Vouge)
Carrier: Verizon

mikei is a n00b

I'll be honest I was Apple hater...well mostly just an iTunes hater. Anyway the guy who sits two seats away from me at work is an iPod fanboy. He has one in shape, size, and color. He waited on the iPhone for 3G. We have had a friendly banter back and forth untill he finally got one. I have to say at first I was impressed with the UI and slickness of the interface. But as we compared phones it quickly became evident that my Verizon Vouge could do everything the iPhone could only better. Rev A is faster, Youtube is clearer and sharpers, Opera is faster than Safari (and that's saying a lot), and no Live Search or Orb. Also I can't say how many times he's mentioned something I've said why don't you just go download x application. He always replies 'b/c it's not in the app store.' (I know you have a lot more options with Jailbreak) So while I will conceed the UI, the proof is in the applications. Even other iPhone fanboys at work had to admit after seeing the apps run side by side that Apple has a lot of work to do. At&t's network doesn't exactly help their cause. Now all the Apple fan boys at work say is that my phone is too complicated and I have to spend too much time tweaking, but they always like the cool new ROMs and Themes I flash. They never crow anymore about how the iPhone is better only simpler. Besides, I'd get board with the same interface no matter how sweet.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pgdeaner is a n00b

My company uses iPhones and thus I have one I use for work. This means I also support a large number of iPhones at work.

[ IMHO ] they suck in comparison to the Mogul.

They are beautiful to look at no doubt, the lightsaber application that you can download now is a hoot. I think they are like the supermodel of phones. Thin, pretty and hopped up on heroin.

The mogul is more like the girl next door that you woudn't kick out of bed.

In a head to head comparison on day to day usage I think the Mogul is a superior business tool. In my experience in Denver Colorado the 3G speeds suck. The new GPS is VERY slow to lock and bounces around for several minutes before it can get a final lock. The AT&T network connections are unstable. Sometimes the phones go into a fugue where they constantly try to connect to the network (but cannot) which will drain the battery in a few hours as it trys to retrieve mail. The new push email doesn't work well for us because of bugs in activesync.

Without exception every executive that was converted from a blackberry to an iPhone wants her/his blackberry back. Mine sits on my desk with the number forwarded to my mogul. I'd rather continue to pay for service than use my iPhone.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900 (HTC Vouge)
Carrier: Verizon

mikei is a n00b

One other thing I forgot to mention, after downloading apps from the store my friend's iPhone reboots fairly often. We all know that that ppcs have the occasional lockup with different application, but nobody goes around falsely stating that all apps are full tested and certified. Not to mention the lack of stereo bluetooth support.

If you're happy with your iPhone (or your girlfriend's), that's all the really matters and hopefully you enjoy it as I'm sure most people who bought the Instinct do. I just don't think it's really the right product for most of us.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison