View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 09:08 PM
pgdeaner
PPCGeeks Regular

pgdeaner is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: The iphone has the best UI of any phone ever.period

My company uses iPhones and thus I have one I use for work. This means I also support a large number of iPhones at work.

[ IMHO ] they suck in comparison to the Mogul.

They are beautiful to look at no doubt, the lightsaber application that you can download now is a hoot. I think they are like the supermodel of phones. Thin, pretty and hopped up on heroin.

The mogul is more like the girl next door that you woudn't kick out of bed.

In a head to head comparison on day to day usage I think the Mogul is a superior business tool. In my experience in Denver Colorado the 3G speeds suck. The new GPS is VERY slow to lock and bounces around for several minutes before it can get a final lock. The AT&T network connections are unstable. Sometimes the phones go into a fugue where they constantly try to connect to the network (but cannot) which will drain the battery in a few hours as it trys to retrieve mail. The new push email doesn't work well for us because of bugs in activesync.

Without exception every executive that was converted from a blackberry to an iPhone wants her/his blackberry back. Mine sits on my desk with the number forwarded to my mogul. I'd rather continue to pay for service than use my iPhone.