PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Lurker

ndm5y is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I get a Sprint phone for $50 which one do i get??!!!!!!

so, i have a samsung a900 regular cell phone. well, i called about getting a new one because i had insurance on it and they said since they didnt make it anymore and i had been a valued customer, i could have any sprint phone other than the new instinct and the blackberry curve, but i have to know by thursday. i have been looking, and like the mogul and touch, but i like the new raphael that doesnt come out until sept. should i get the touch or mogul and be happy (please tell me which one is better)? or get the most expensive one they have (the treo 755p or blackberry worldwide) and try to resell it in 3 months. i feel like if i get the mogul or touch it wont be worth as much because the new model(s) is/are what i want. i have never had a ppc before, but am excited for this unlikely oppourtunity. PLEASE HELP ME!!!. remember, any sprint phone other than the curve and instinct for $50. thanks
Old 06-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ndm5y is a n00b
Re: I get a Sprint phone for $50 which one do i get??!!!!!!

bump =D>
Old 06-18-2008, 10:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

get the mogul

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

there is going to a new treo out soon so i would would advise getting the touch since you more than likely got the A900 for its multimedia purposes. i have botht the touch and the mogul and personally i lie my touch better because it is so much quicker. it is more of a multimedia based phone. i myself had the A920 before i bought my mogul. i am not exaclty sure why this is in the raphael forum this should be moved to the phone comparison forum.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 06-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Moved this thread to the Phone Comparison forum.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wink Re: I get a Sprint phone for $50 which one do i get??!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndm5y View Post
so, i have a samsung a900 regular cell phone. well, i called about getting a new one because i had insurance on it and they said since they didnt make it anymore and i had been a valued customer, i could have any sprint phone other than the new instinct and the blackberry curve, but i have to know by thursday. i have been looking, and like the mogul and touch, but i like the new raphael that doesnt come out until sept. should i get the touch or mogul and be happy (please tell me which one is better)? or get the most expensive one they have (the treo 755p or blackberry worldwide) and try to resell it in 3 months. i feel like if i get the mogul or touch it wont be worth as much because the new model(s) is/are what i want. i have never had a ppc before, but am excited for this unlikely oppourtunity. PLEASE HELP ME!!!. remember, any sprint phone other than the curve and instinct for $50. thanks
get the mogul...then when the HTC Touch Pro comes out and replaces the mogul...you can complain about the memory problem the phone has...and then sprint will have to give you the touch pro for $50 again...best way to get the upgrade from them...i'm on my second up grade doing this....quite nice...
Old 06-18-2008, 05:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 aka The Mogul (HTC Titan) + My Brother's Old 6700 (Apache)

williscool is a n00b

Treo = palm = pure unadulterated trash. Please do you self a favor and never purchase a palm device. They rarely update them, they are hard to use, they're obsolete in a few months, and they are always sorely overpriced for the functionality they provide.

Blackberry's never used one but its level of power and customization of the operating system pale's in comparison to windows mobile.

HTC makes darn good devices and upgrades them fairly regularly and well.

Touch's have no keyboard and try to emulate the iphone and fail.

Get the Mogul. Even if you don't love it after a while it will get worn out from use and you can hope the person in the store is nice enough to upgrade you to the touch pro. (As I was getting a Mogul(Titan) for my old 6700 (Apache))

Touch pro = keyboard + iphone copycatiness = mounds of fun.

Can't wait to get my hands on one myself... o the havok I will reek with 4gigs of storage and the extra ram....
Old 06-18-2008, 05:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 aka The Mogul (HTC Titan) + My Brother's Old 6700 (Apache)

williscool is a n00b

but you also have to consider... not to insult you in anyway but if you are a simpler person the touch and mogul are waaaay to much phone for you and you won't enjoy using them.

Case in point my little brother who isn't quite as tech savvy as I am went back to using is his katana <outrage>!!!!!!!!<outrage/> after a few months of using the 6700 (Apache) because it was too complcated for him.

So its really up to you how much tech you like playing with and how much you want to do with a phone.

Blackberry = pretty slick os but not very powerful hardware which means you're not gonna be able to do what...
windows mobile = does hella customization and applications but a bit of a learning curve

treo = DEAR GOD DO NOT GET ONE WITH PALM OS. IT IS ABSOLUTE PURE UNADULTERATED TRASH. Used it for a while in high school and will never purchase ANYTHING from palm.... Ever Again. with that said if it comes with windows mobile on it and you like the form factor of it better than the mogul or the touch go with that

and that is my two cents. thanks for listening
Old 06-18-2008, 05:39 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

I'll "Touch" it if I were u.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

i've had the mogul and would NEVER get a device with such crippled ram... and they WILL NOT replace it for you just by complaining about the memory... there has to be something WRONG with the device itself...

i had the mogul for 7 months and had it replaced4 times due to manufacturer defects... have had the touch for about a month now and...

THE TOUCH OWNS THE MOGUL in my opinion! it does everything the mogul does, quicker and better. all you'd be losing is a hard keyboard and wifi(but what do you need wifi for if you have a data plan? wifi sucks and is useless unless you spend most of your time in a hotspot), but i'm faster now with the touch onscreen keyboard anyways because the touch has a FLUSH SCREEN and the mogul has raised edges, making it hard to use an onscreen keyboard and makes it tricky to hit the "x" button in the corner to close/minimize programs. the Flush screen on the touch makes the screen look 15% larger too.

The touch has TWICE the ram and i can run 10 apps at the same time without an issue... i'd be lucky to run 3 or 4 without the mogul freezing up (which means you have to constantly be closing and reopenning apps with the mogul...bummer)

Both the touch and mogul have poor battery life, but an extended battery will do the trick! but an extended battery in the mogul makes that thing a WEAPON, HUUUUGE and UGLY!... my 2400mah extended battery and cover on my touch is STILL smaller than the mogul with its original battery...

well, there's prolly more reasons to go to the touch, but thats all i can think of right now.

hope that helps

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison