PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2008, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

ryanbg is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I get a Sprint phone for $50 which one do i get??!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
i've had the mogul and would NEVER get a device with such crippled ram... and they WILL NOT replace it for you just by complaining about the memory... there has to be something WRONG with the device itself...

i had the mogul for 7 months and had it replaced4 times due to manufacturer defects... have had the touch for about a month now and...

THE TOUCH OWNS THE MOGUL in my opinion! it does everything the mogul does, quicker and better. all you'd be losing is a hard keyboard and wifi(but what do you need wifi for if you have a data plan? wifi sucks and is useless unless you spend most of your time in a hotspot), but i'm faster now with the touch onscreen keyboard anyways because the touch has a FLUSH SCREEN and the mogul has raised edges, making it hard to use an onscreen keyboard and makes it tricky to hit the "x" button in the corner to close/minimize programs. the Flush screen on the touch makes the screen look 15% larger too.

The touch has TWICE the ram and i can run 10 apps at the same time without an issue... i'd be lucky to run 3 or 4 without the mogul freezing up (which means you have to constantly be closing and reopenning apps with the mogul...bummer)

Both the touch and mogul have poor battery life, but an extended battery will do the trick! but an extended battery in the mogul makes that thing a WEAPON, HUUUUGE and UGLY!... my 2400mah extended battery and cover on my touch is STILL smaller than the mogul with its original battery...

well, there's prolly more reasons to go to the touch, but thats all i can think of right now.

hope that helps
And how often do you run 10 apps at a time? Let's be realistic, I have had a touch, then a mogul. The mogul is the winner. The phone is a little brick-like, but it can do everything the Touch can, besides the extra ram. It can run Android, and "run 10 apps" at a time. What would you be doing in order to do that. Wifi, Keyboard, and everything the Touch can do. I actually had a touch for about 5 months so please don't try to contradict me when you have never had a Mogul.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:04 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbg View Post
And how often do you run 10 apps at a time? Let's be realistic, I have had a touch, then a mogul. The mogul is the winner. The phone is a little brick-like, but it can do everything the Touch can, besides the extra ram. It can run Android, and "run 10 apps" at a time. What would you be doing in order to do that. Wifi, Keyboard, and everything the Touch can do. I actually had a touch for about 5 months so please don't try to contradict me when you have never had a Mogul.
hahaha DUDE DID YOU READ THE FIRST 4 WORDS IN MY POST YOU QUOTED!?? i had a mogul since november and just changed for the touch... dude i know whats up... i do run multiple apps like slingplayer, tv guide, Opera 9.5(which hogs ram as of now), screencapture, google maps and which ever games i had to minimize during the day...

i couldn't do such a thing with the mogul... windows mobile has small memory leaks, it was an issue to me with my mogul, but not with my touch...

sure a mogul can do the onscreen keyboard and such, but the raised edges makes it a b*tch sometimes...
Old 06-20-2008, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium_W_U/Hero_U_R/MoPho_U_R

Jalupinja is just getting started

Mogul has WiFi, Touch does not! I was asured by the rep that the touch has WiFi and was disapointed to find out otherwise after purchasing it. Touch rocks, if you text hella and want WiFi get the Mogul cause it rocks too. Wichever one you get you will want to unlock and instal a custom ROM for maximum efficiency and op-sys stability!!! If you want just a phone with great reception wherever all the other phones can't get a signal purchase the Samsung SPH-M520, I use this for my buisness and the Touch for personal, people hate me for having reception when they don't and they are on the same carrier!!!
Old 06-21-2008, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: .
Carrier: .

PdaOd is a n00b

The WiFi in the Mogul can act as a portable hotspot.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by PdaOd View Post
The WiFi in the Mogul can act as a portable hotspot.
i never said that... the rev a is basically like that tho... obviously a hotspot is where wifi is being transmitted...

There is no point in having wifi unless you spend most of your time somewhere that has it (ie work, library, school)... otherwise there is no point cuz rev a is pretty nice and gets you through the internet without lagging.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison