PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Touch users- Will you jump ship to the Diamond?
The Touch has Touched me... 18 38.30%
Diamonds are a man's best friend... 29 61.70%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 12:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D
Carrier: Sprint

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad
Who will be jumping ship from the Touch to the Diamond?

So, after looking at the diamond videos, and the fact that they've already been shipped out to Europe and Asia, I'm wondering who will be jumping ship and why.

Sure there's the VGA, 3MP camera, accelerometer, and wi-fi.

But what about the lack of expansion slot? 4GB isn't enough for my music and tomtom maps...

or the fact that an extended battery may not keep the fancy fancy back door design?

and not to mention all the porting and emulating that will be done to get the UI on the touch?

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 06-09-2008, 12:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D
Threadstarter

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad
Re: Who will be jumping ship to the Diamond?

IMO I feel that I'mma stick with the Vogue.

Wi-fi -> I feel that's unnecessary on Sprint w/ SERO, I don't think I'd use it even if I had it.

3 MP -> that's nice I don't like the current pic quality, it really seems to need a bigger aperture to take faster pictures. But this alone isn't enough to make me change.

accelerometer -> I have the change landscape mapped to the camera button, so don't need that.

VGA -> THAT will make me drool.

VGA + camera vs. a Touch with a 12GB microSD when it arrives? wouldn't be worth the cash to 'upgrade' when they seem fairly even matched IMO
so Vogue wins.

Last edited by No1ustad; 06-09-2008 at 06:43 AM.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:29 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
Re: Who will be jumping ship from the Touch to the Diamond?

People with money will jump. People without money, Will hold on till the ship sinks.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:25 AM
Lurker

stayfly24 is a n00b

um jumping ship, but hopefully we'll get the touch pro, because it has the slide out keyboard, the diamond doesnt like the touch, um tired of downloading other keyboards and using the stylus to text on my touch
Old 06-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor

Funny, I had pretty much the exact same thoughts.

I have little use for wi-fi.

The increaseed resolution is good, but personally don't feel the need for it on a 2.8" screen.

The accelerometer is neat , but I too have the camera button mapped to landscape mode.

All in all, it'll depend on the price point, and what the device actually feels like in my hands. Right now though, it doesn't offer me much, considering i'm just an average user.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ahem... but all the people who are using CDMA networks wont be able to switch due to the lack of a CDMA Diamond.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

crash383 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to crash383
Cool Re: Who will be jumping ship from the Touch to the Diamond?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
ahem... but all the people who are using CDMA networks wont be able to switch due to the lack of a CDMA Diamond.

Yet... Read up.. Sprint will be getting it.

I might hold out for the Ralphael, though.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash383 View Post
Yet... Read up.. Sprint will be getting it.

I might hold out for the Ralphael, though.
rumours.... ill believe it when i see it. LOL

Sorry, ever since the whole "i heard gps is coming next week" thing i try not to hold hopes too high. But if they do make a CDMA version and its no more than 500, I will definetly jump ship. =)
Old 06-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PRE & Touch PRO2, but now Evo

dutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am really hoping they drop the Wifi and add the storage card for the CDMA version. Just like they did with the CDMA Touch version... Storage card is a must...

Wifi is really unnecessary and kills the battery. I hated it on my Mogul especcialy with the switch being on the outside and turning on in my pocket...
Old 06-09-2008, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

mr_e is just getting started

I too am underwhelmed that HTC would cripple an otherwise amazing device with such a small amount of unexpandable storage. The limitation will only look worse in a couple of hours when the new iPhones are announced. Going the Apple route by having the internal storage locked down and unexpandable is fine, but pick at least use an amount that is in the same ball park as the competition.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison