PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: LTE vs S3: S3 wins in every category

Samsung passed HTC? When did that happen?
Old 06-12-2012, 01:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

frazy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to frazy

This is an in-depth article on the different types of screens. The author really seems to know his stuff on point.

HD Super AMOLED versus Retina Display, and other screens (Smartphones Unlocked) | Dialed In - CNET Blogs

So basically from the article they who is getting the job done right when it comes to screens --> Apple & Samsung

I hope this helps to clear up the confusion between this whole S3 vs EVO LTE debate in terms of screens.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

Nibis is just getting started

LOL, Apple sued Samsung as well, phones will probably be delayed
Old 06-12-2012, 02:15 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

The problem I have found with many CNET articles is they tend to be biased and lean toward the iPhone.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE

Fosters is a n00b

After owning an epic for 2 years, no more samsung phones for me, ever.

The support from samsung when it comes to updates is absolutely horrendous. HTC is leaps and bounds ahead of samsung there. Epic got Froyo like 9 months after the original Evo. During those 9 months I had to juggle applications because they couldn't be installed to the sd card... sooo dumb. The keyboard sucked compared to the Touch Pro 2 keyboard, but then again, all keyboards suck compared to the TP2 keyboard. The Epic could go through a battery from full charge in the morning to dead before lunch time if used hard... I'm surprised the Seidio extended battery case didn't come with a diesel truck battery pack attached. I am disappointed that the battery isn't removable in the ELTE, but oh well, no more samsung phones for me.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I vote, close this thread!
Old 06-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g lte
Carrier: sprint

dabhome is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
I cant believe S3 wins in every category!
Wins in every category. Far from it.

There were 15 categories. Here are the number of wins by phone:

Ties/TBD - 4
Galaxy S3 - 7
One X/EVO 4G LTE - 4

However, of the 7 Galaxy S3 wins, 2 of them were just barely, one of them was for a feature that nobody has praised (other then to suggest they liked they were working on it) and one was only if you spent an additional $100 for an extra 16GB, otherwise it is a tie.

They are both great phones. I think it depends on what you are interested in. By the way, I evaluated the S3 before buying the EVO.

Last edited by dabhome; 06-16-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:40 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Thread moved to phone comparison.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:11 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
I'm all for HTC because of their devotion to sound quality and enhancements. Shouldn't this be in phone comparison?
lol...what?!?!?? Eric, I don't think you have ever heard a wolfson DAC do its magic. To put it precisely, HTC uses a built in sound card and gives you a bunch of crappy EQ profiles (which you can make yourself via apps like poweramp). Samsung actually includes a dedicated sound cards and one of the best there is.

The only savior this time around is Qualcomm in the Krait actually decided to include a decent built in DAC but it is no Wolfson. (Too bad the US SGS3 will not have wolfson due to it having same processor as One X)

The Wolfson DAC is so good, it produces better audio then my laptops lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazy View Post
So basically from the article they who is getting the job done right when it comes to screens --> Apple LG & Samsung
I fixed it for you.

-----

As for which one to choose, I think both are a good choice. The things that really make the SGS3 stand out is actually the 2gb ram. I mean whats the point of a super phone if it can't run a bunch of apps at once?

Other minor things are removable battery, sd card, wireless charging, unencrypted bootloader.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

cant wait to check out the T999 hopefully there will be good development for it
are all the USA versions get the Krait MSM8960 right?

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Last edited by Karl; 06-17-2012 at 05:47 AM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison