PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC EVO Design 4G

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
This is for the evo3d:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-3d...very-root.html

Rooting HTC devices is not as simple as Samsung devices.

You can unlock HTC devices officially via their site too but that voids your warranty on the spot (they keep records).

Yup, they(sprint) just wanted to throw in a gimmick to be first, just like the Echo and both didn't turn out so well for them.

I dont concider the evo 3d to be a failure or anything. I mean i personally concider the fact thats its 3d to be pointless, but the phone itself is pretty great.
it has really good specs...
I dont like the way it feels in my hand... and the 3d prob takes up alot of memory and processing power so I can certinly do without.

But my tp2 is getting worse and worse and I need to move on

I would totaly get the evo+ if we could get it to work here in the states lol

but that aside... im prob gana wind up getting a 3d
if I would have wifi tether without root or paying sprint 30 bucks for sprint hotspot (wich is FKN REDICULAS!!!! thats the price of my contract for gods sakes lol)
then Id just leave it all stock lol
but alas.. I need wifi tether... cause otherwise Id have to bridge connection from a usb to an ethernet from my computer and by then its almost pointless :l

and so far the htc root is the ONLY way?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:51 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
I dont concider the evo 3d to be a failure or anything. I mean i personally concider the fact thats its 3d to be pointless, but the phone itself is pretty great.
it has really good specs...
I dont like the way it feels in my hand... and the 3d prob takes up alot of memory and processing power so I can certinly do without.

But my tp2 is getting worse and worse and I need to move on

I would totaly get the evo+ if we could get it to work here in the states lol

but that aside... im prob gana wind up getting a 3d
if I would have wifi tether without root or paying sprint 30 bucks for sprint hotspot (wich is FKN REDICULAS!!!! thats the price of my contract for gods sakes lol)
then Id just leave it all stock lol
but alas.. I need wifi tether... cause otherwise Id have to bridge connection from a usb to an ethernet from my computer and by then its almost pointless :l

and so far the htc root is the ONLY way?

id say the 3d was nothing but a gimmick IMO. it seems to me that the sprint gs2 has sold many more units that the evo3d ever did.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
id say the 3d was nothing but a gimmick IMO. it seems to me that the sprint gs2 has sold many more units that the evo3d ever did.

Ya.. I would prob buy the samsung phone but its got that ugly interface

Oh and back the the Design 4g...
ew
ewewewewewew
EEEEWWWWW

I looked at it at the other sprint store and it didnt rotate to landscape either.

The guy there said it could be the magnet the put on the display stand that could be affecting the gsensor.
Makes sense...

BUT.... it only has a mono speaker.
I loaded several youtube videos for songs I wanted to listen to (things I always listen to...)
and theres only one channle.
EW
Old 10-26-2011, 02:18 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

There are many custom ui's for Android that you can install:

SPB Mobile Shell
ADW Launcher
GO Launcher
Launcher Pro
And hundreds more...

Not to mention many of the launcher have skins/themes as well..

That is if UI is your only concern...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-26-2011, 02:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
There are many custom ui's for Android that you can install:

SPB Mobile Shell
ADW Launcher
GO Launcher
Launcher Pro
And hundreds more...

Not to mention many of the launcher have skins/themes as well..

That is if UI is your only concern...

haha. Im well awear of that, I have custom ui on my android port.
But the theme of the entire phone ingeneral.
I mean dont get me wrong, my all means its an amazing phone

But it just has a collection of alot of things that look.. well either odd dull or just ugly to me.

idk how to explain it more then that.

If the the new nexus were to be out like tomorrow id prob def get it
Old 10-26-2011, 04:48 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
haha. Im well awear of that, I have custom ui on my android port.
But the theme of the entire phone ingeneral.
I mean dont get me wrong, my all means its an amazing phone

But it just has a collection of alot of things that look.. well either odd dull or just ugly to me.

idk how to explain it more then that.

If the the new nexus were to be out like tomorrow id prob def get it
What about CyanogenMOD or MUIU?
Old 10-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
What about CyanogenMOD or MUIU?
havnt looked into them.. you have to keep in mind that im relatively new to the world of android lol.

which one is faster?
Old 10-26-2011, 02:07 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
havnt looked into them.. you have to keep in mind that im relatively new to the world of android lol.

which one is faster?
You mean whether or not cyanogenmod or muiu is faster? If your using a dual core device both will be relatively fast...
Old 10-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
You mean whether or not cyanogenmod or muiu is faster? If your using a dual core device both will be relatively fast...
I watched a review of the epic running cyn and the got a bench mark of 4xxx

Never seen that kinda score befor lol
Old 10-27-2011, 12:31 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
I watched a review of the epic running cyn and the got a bench mark of 4xxx

Never seen that kinda score befor lol

i dunno about those scores, they must be overclocked pretty high? the most ive got was 2600.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison