PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC EVO Design 4G

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
i heard on android central that sprint was having financial issues even trying to get it up and running. IMO they need to fix their already crap/slow network before even trying to implement lte.

Heres the dumb part, they pretty much did a nationwide tower upgrade
Over the last few months there have been ALOT of people complaining about it and its gotten to the point that every where I read now, someone ses "Stupid sprint just told me that the towers here are being upgraded"

The ones here are "under comstruction" too. I had to bitch and whine for almost 3 months befor they finally tld me that the towers here were over capacitated and that there were too many users in my area and the towers could no longer support us. So they are "rebuilding" them to support us all.
Hopefully they give us 4g while they do that.

But apperently this was a national even
its like someone high up thought it would be a good idea to just get it all over with at once lol

that being said.. if they just repaired so many thousands of towers, i doubt they would be willing to convert to lte anytime soon
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep

anyone know if the evos can tether out of the box?
Old 10-24-2011, 02:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
no it will need root

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 10-24-2011, 02:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
no it will need root
I kinda figured.
All the samsung phone say "Mobile hotspot" but non of the evos do
Old 10-24-2011, 04:04 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Heres the dumb part, they pretty much did a nationwide tower upgrade
Over the last few months there have been ALOT of people complaining about it and its gotten to the point that every where I read now, someone ses "Stupid sprint just told me that the towers here are being upgraded"

The ones here are "under comstruction" too. I had to bitch and whine for almost 3 months befor they finally tld me that the towers here were over capacitated and that there were too many users in my area and the towers could no longer support us. So they are "rebuilding" them to support us all.
Hopefully they give us 4g while they do that.

But apperently this was a national even
its like someone high up thought it would be a good idea to just get it all over with at once lol

that being said.. if they just repaired so many thousands of towers, i doubt they would be willing to convert to lte anytime soon
No duh they are over capacity, they had more towers earlier in the year which they leased from others. Then after contract expired their renegotiated to 3g roaming instead. So now coverage is worse and current towers are taking much more load onto them. It was part of their bright idea to save money.

Quote:
usb tethering via pdanet they can.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-24-2011, 04:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
usb tethering via pdanet they can.
well I already knew that, I had to use that on my brothers intercept to be able to root and flash it.

But I was hoping for a wifi tether
I use my tp2 as a wifirouter at night to play xbox live lol..
If its usb my xbox doesnt pick up the internet.
wich I think is stupid but I cant do anything about it as far as I know

Im kinda wishing that htc would make another evo more similar to the original
something with 8mega pixel cam and kickstand.

None of the new ones have the stand and they all only have a 5 mega pixel cam now

Id love an evo with
4.3 qHd display
8 mega rear cam
2 mega front cam
1.5 dual core processor
at least a 1gb ram
something like 8 gb onboard storage.
at least droid 2.3.4
and sense 3.5 (sinse some other carriers already have that)
maybe have a housing that isnt so damn square (3d is a brick with a awkward cam button)

That and I think having the charger on the side of the phone on the newer evos is dumb. Its awkward to hold them with the plug on the side.
They should have kept them on the bottom
Old 10-24-2011, 04:59 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
well I already knew that, I had to use that on my brothers intercept to be able to root and flash it.

But I was hoping for a wifi tether
I use my tp2 as a wifirouter at night to play xbox live lol..
If its usb my xbox doesnt pick up the internet.
wich I think is stupid but I cant do anything about it as far as I know
Well then you need to root and do an s-off(locked bootloader) :/

Quote:

Im kinda wishing that htc would make another evo more similar to the original
something with 8mega pixel cam and kickstand.

None of the new ones have the stand and they all only have a 5 mega pixel cam now

Id love an evo with
4.3 qHd display
8 mega rear cam
2 mega front cam
1.5 dual core processor
at least a 1gb ram
something like 8 gb onboard storage.
at least droid 2.3.4
and sense 3.5 (sinse some other carriers already have that)
maybe have a housing that isnt so damn square (3d is a brick with a awkward cam button)
Like the "HTC EVO 4G+" ? Though its not coming to the US :/

http://www.htc.com/kr/product/evo4g+/overview.html

ITs korea and closest HTC phone to your demand. Its like an evo 3d without the 3d and 8mp camera.

Last edited by gTen; 10-24-2011 at 05:02 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:

HTC - Products - HTC EVO 4G+

ITs korea and closest HTC phone to your demand. Its like an evo 3d without the 3d and 8mp camera.
Im not too familiar with the root process for HTC.. Im sure its WAY different then what I delt with for my brothers samsung..
Could you give an overview if you dont mind?

And I took a quick glance at that phone and it pretty much looks JUST like the 3d lol. even if it isnt 3d tho it still looks like it has the 3d/2d camara toggle.

In any case, you said its only in Korea, does it ONLY work in korea?
Old 10-25-2011, 01:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:

HTC - Products - HTC EVO 4G+

Turns out this is exactly the evo 3d. same EVERYTHING except the dual cams are switched for that 8meg

Damn shame we arnt getting this phone.. I think the 3d is pointless..
Old 10-25-2011, 06:14 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Im not too familiar with the root process for HTC.. Im sure its WAY different then what I delt with for my brothers samsung..
Could you give an overview if you dont mind?

And I took a quick glance at that phone and it pretty much looks JUST like the 3d lol. even if it isnt 3d tho it still looks like it has the 3d/2d camara toggle.

In any case, you said its only in Korea, does it ONLY work in korea?
This is for the evo3d:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-3d...very-root.html

Rooting HTC devices is not as simple as Samsung devices.

You can unlock HTC devices officially via their site too but that voids your warranty on the spot (they keep records).

Quote:
Turns out this is exactly the evo 3d. same EVERYTHING except the dual cams are switched for that 8meg

Damn shame we arnt getting this phone.. I think the 3d is pointless..
Yup, they(sprint) just wanted to throw in a gimmick to be first, just like the Echo and both didn't turn out so well for them.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison