PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 06:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: no love for the epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i always hated samsung stuff till epic hit my hands.
Samsung only good for TV's & Blu-Ray players
Old 12-17-2010, 07:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

You all forgot the obvious here. This is in part CO-sponsored by HTC. I suspect Sprint would do the same thing with the epic if Samsung chipped in.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

stparker is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
And you wonder why sprint isn't doing so well... nothing against the EVO, but instead of offering "choice" they put all their eggs in 1 basket..which totally screwed them since they were low on stock first 3 months
Well, why is the iPhone still so popular? It is years old and slow to update hardware and its earlier hardware was missing several features that was already popular. Its all about marketing- image and branding. If Sprint keep changing its focus for every new phone that comes out they will never have a chance at being a true contender. The EVO is the closest competition to the iPhone and they should focus on that product/brand to keep making improvements to continue to compete... this is one of the best phones I've ever had and I hope they keep making it better....let's start by making the next model a little smaller...
Old 12-17-2010, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Dr. Evo is keeping up the good workDr. Evo is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by stparker View Post
Well, why is the iPhone still so popular? It is years old and slow to update hardware and its earlier hardware was missing several features that was already popular. Its all about marketing- image and branding. If Sprint keep changing its focus for every new phone that comes out they will never have a chance at being a true contender. The EVO is the closest competition to the iPhone and they should focus on that product/brand to keep making improvements to continue to compete... this is one of the best phones I've ever had and I hope they keep making it better....let's start by making the next model a little smaller...
I'm sorry, you had me all the way up to the part where you actually wished for a smaller phone. No thank you! The EVO is the perfect size. 4.3" seems like it will be the new standard for great smartphones, for a while. You are one of the first people I've seen who are asking for a smaller phone. If you want smaller, go for the Epic or iPhone 4. Even people who didn't initially care for the size of the EVO, have still sang its praises. The 4.3" screen is on-par with most car GPS systems. I use my EVO as a GPS and use a custom car mount to hold it in place while I'm driving. I couldn't imagine being able to utilize this phone in the way it's intended, on a smaller screen. Actually, I wouldn't mind if the EVO were a tad bit bigger.... possibly 4.5" maximum. And the smaller size of the iPhone 4, seems to be the biggest gripe that most people have with it, especially after seeing the competition a la the EVO and Droid X.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:32 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stparker View Post
Actually thats a misconception, the specs of the iphones have always been #1 for when it came out, the only iphone that was worse specs was the original 2g one...iphone 4 hardware spec wise is ahead of the evo..the only phone to break that streak of superior hardware was the Galaxy S...

The phone that probably competes most with the iphone is the Droids (simply cause verizon spent 100 million promoting it and Verizon has more people)

I think sprint would actually be better off promoting more then 1 phone, out of all the carriers they have the worst choices of phones..I mean how many android phones does sprint have? and how many do other carriers have? for the record the Transform/Intercept/Moment are effectively the same phone...and they refuse to release any 1ghz phones without $10 fee...

(For the recor they should have released the TP2 earlier then they did, but they didnt want it to steal Palm Pre sales which was competing with the EVO so they delayed it by months )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evo View Post
I'm sorry, you had me all the way up to the part where you actually wished for a smaller phone. No thank you! The EVO is the perfect size. 4.3" seems like it will be the new standard for great smartphones, for a while. You are one of the first people I've seen who are asking for a smaller phone. If you want smaller, go for the Epic or iPhone 4. Even people who didn't initially care for the size of the EVO, have still sang its praises. The 4.3" screen is on-par with most car GPS systems. I use my EVO as a GPS and use a custom car mount to hold it in place while I'm driving. I couldn't imagine being able to utilize this phone in the way it's intended, on a smaller screen. Actually, I wouldn't mind if the EVO were a tad bit bigger.... possibly 4.5" maximum. And the smaller size of the iPhone 4, seems to be the biggest gripe that most people have with it, especially after seeing the competition a la the EVO and Droid X.
Actually I have heard many people ask for a smaller sized EVO..while many do like the size of the EVO I will admit, there are those with smaller hands that EVO is just uncomfortable to hold..simple as that....

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-18-2010, 02:29 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Why is this posted here? Obviously here we won't sympathize with you. Sorry, don't want to troll
Old 12-18-2010, 09:13 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
Why is this posted here? Obviously here we won't sympathize with you. Sorry, don't want to troll
exactly.....we have 2 epic mods that spend more time in the evo forum, lol

it's real simple ppl, the EVO is a superior phone!

thread moved
Old 12-18-2010, 09:56 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsnyc View Post
You wanna talk about no love for the epic?

Samsung Intercept Receives Android 2.2 | Android Phone Fans

I'm convinced now (wishful thinking) that they're going straight to gingerbread.
For the sake of their credibility, skipping Froyo & going straight to Gingerbread would be the best thing right now for Samsung.

EVO on Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2010, 10:06 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
it's real simple ppl, the EVO is a superior phone!
superior for me to poop on.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:10 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
superior for me to poop on.
+100
(Someone design a pooping smilie!!!)

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison