PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

*king* is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
no love for the epic

4g was officially released last month in south florida and there are these evo booths showing off the evo and 4g. Ive been to three malls and its always evos This is he back but they have about 4 or 5 evos on display and usually 2 or 3 evo "experts"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg evobooth.jpg (858.3 KB, 56 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by *king*; 12-17-2010 at 03:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:27 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: no love for the epic

Thats because Sprint dedicates all their money/efforts into 1 phone the entire year trying to make their own "iphone" brand...

They only started to advertise the Epic a little when it won pcworld #1 phone award...

Why were you trying to get an Epic?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

*king* is becoming a great contributor

No but you think they would advertise the mix a few epics here and there. The evo is already 6 months old
Old 12-17-2010, 04:09 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by *king* View Post
No but you think they would advertise the mix a few epics here and there. The evo is already 6 months old
And you wonder why sprint isn't doing so well... nothing against the EVO, but instead of offering "choice" they put all their eggs in 1 basket..which totally screwed them since they were low on stock first 3 months
Old 12-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Startac --> your phone ---> HTC EVO

pjsnyc is keeping up the good workpjsnyc is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to pjsnyc Send a message via AIM to pjsnyc Send a message via MSN to pjsnyc Send a message via Yahoo to pjsnyc Send a message via Skype™ to pjsnyc

You wanna talk about no love for the epic?

Samsung Intercept Receives Android 2.2 | Android Phone Fans

I'm convinced now (wishful thinking) that they're going straight to gingerbread.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:49 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsnyc View Post

I'm convinced now (wishful thinking) that they're going straight to gingerbread.
They already are up to RC2 of Froyo for the Epic..your saying they'll scrap it?

Last edited by gTen; 12-17-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Send a message via ICQ to pjsnyc Send a message via AIM to pjsnyc Send a message via MSN to pjsnyc Send a message via Yahoo to pjsnyc Send a message via Skype™ to pjsnyc

If history is any indication, yeah, heheh

/s

Seriously though - how is it that Samsung's midrange sprint handset gets official froyo before the flagship epic? Kinda like figuring out how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop? - the world may never know
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:39 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:

Android 2.3 Platform | Android Developers epic cooks are on it now.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
I have no doubt in my mind that 2.2 and 2.3 are and will be developed as alternative ROMs for the Epic.

Just smh at Samsung and/or the carriers. Cuz it aint just Sprint Galaxy S owners having problems with 'official froyo' (I've heard of problems in Canada too now).

FWIW - my mom's from Korea - so I do LOVE samsung products...in general :P
Old 12-17-2010, 06:51 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
I have no doubt in my mind that 2.2 and 2.3 are and will be developed as alternative ROMs for the Epic.

Just smh at Samsung and/or the carriers. Cuz it aint just Sprint Galaxy S owners having problems with 'official froyo' (I've heard of problems in Canada too now).

FWIW - my mom's from Korea - so I do LOVE samsung products...in general :P
i always hated samsung stuff till epic hit my hands.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison