PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 12:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx6700, xv6800, xv6850, xv6875, xv6900, xv6975,
Carrier: vzw

hemanolio is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6800 vs Samsung I760

HELP! I'm buy either a Mogul xv6800 or Samsung I760 just for some fun. Ive had the 6800 and it felt kind of cheapy. The vids on I760 make it look sturdier. Does anyone know which one is better? I hope to just use basic apps like Windows Live, Facebook, and MAYBE Office 2010.
And does the I760 have better youtube, and MMS???
Thanks

Last edited by hemanolio; 07-08-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:13 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: 6800 vs Samsung I760

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanolio View Post
HELP! I'm buy either a Mogul xv6800 or Samsung I760 just for some fun. Ive had the 6800 and it felt kind of cheapy. The vids on I760 make it look sturdier. Does anyone know which one is better? I hope to just use basic apps like Windows Live, Facebook, and MAYBE Office 2010.
And does the I760 have better youtube, and MMS???
Thanks
I would say Mogul...at least if anything goes wrong you can get help from the community here who own or owned a mogul before..the i760 is not as supported...

Also if im not mistaken the I760 only has EVDO rev.0 while Mogul supports EVDO rev A(2-5x faster internet)..you also get GPS and more ROM with the Mogul

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomp...d1=696&id2=697

Oh and make sure its a XV6800 and not a Mogul..Mogul is the name of the Sprint version..but same thing lol

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 07-09-2010 at 01:21 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx6700, xv6800, xv6850, xv6875, xv6900, xv6975,
Carrier: vzw
Threadstarter

hemanolio is just getting started

very true. Great advice! Thanks!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 03:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: Airtel

andrwclark is a n00b
Post Re: 6800 vs Samsung I760

Hello,

One of Sources Said "There are three main reasons I want the i760 over the 6800.

1. WM6 - many benefits to it, and who knows how long it will be until the 6800 gets it. I want HTML mail, and the speed benefits.

2. Build quality. My i730 has been through a ton of crap, and I haven't had many replaced because of build quality. The quality of the i730 to me is much better than any HTC device.

3. Exterior number pad - many people have been complaining about this, but I use the numbers all the time. Many times I can't use voice dial to call, and I just want to type it. I have an excellent memory for numbers and type them in all the time. I find I can do that without having to look at the screen to select a contact, and I do this on the small keypad on the i730. I also hit a LOT of calling trees and need to type in numbers quite often. I have never gotten used to the touch screen number pad, and prefer hard keys for numbers. Since everyone is switching to horizontal keypads (even smartphone devices), it's great still having the number pad on the outside of the phone.

So for me, I think the i760 is the best device "so far". If the 6800 turns out better in 6-12 months, and gets WM6, then I will look at it again, but for the three points I made above, the i760 wins, no matter how much memory the 6800 has built in, or the MP count on the camera. "
Old 07-22-2010, 02:37 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrwclark View Post
Hello,

One of Sources Said "There are three main reasons I want the i760 over the 6800.
Your source is like 5 years outdated >.>

Quote:
1. WM6 - many benefits to it, and who knows how long it will be until the 6800 gets it. I want HTML mail, and the speed benefits.
The 6800 came with 6.0 by default in the US, and with custom roms you can run 6.5.3 on it...

Quote:
2. Build quality. My i730 has been through a ton of crap, and I haven't had many replaced because of build quality. The quality of the i730 to me is much better than any HTC device.
That is perspective...I had HTC devices connected to my pc via usb and picked up my laptop only to see them fly from1 side of the room to the other and smash on the floor unscratched...

Quote:
3. Exterior number pad - many people have been complaining about this, but I use the numbers all the time. Many times I can't use voice dial to call, and I just want to type it. I have an excellent memory for numbers and type them in all the time. I find I can do that without having to look at the screen to select a contact, and I do this on the small keypad on the i730. I also hit a LOT of calling trees and need to type in numbers quite often. I have never gotten used to the touch screen number pad, and prefer hard keys for numbers. Since everyone is switching to horizontal keypads (even smartphone devices), it's great still having the number pad on the outside of the phone.
Everyone uses digital number pads these days....that aside 6800 has a physical number pad on the keyboard..

Quote:
So for me, I think the i760 is the best device "so far". If the 6800 turns out better in 6-12 months, and gets WM6, then I will look at it again, but for the three points I made above, the i760 wins, no matter how much memory the 6800 has built in, or the MP count on the camera. "
Again your source is 5 years outdated...

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison