View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 02:37 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: 6800 vs Samsung I760

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrwclark View Post
Hello,

One of Sources Said "There are three main reasons I want the i760 over the 6800.
Your source is like 5 years outdated >.>

Quote:
1. WM6 - many benefits to it, and who knows how long it will be until the 6800 gets it. I want HTML mail, and the speed benefits.
The 6800 came with 6.0 by default in the US, and with custom roms you can run 6.5.3 on it...

Quote:
2. Build quality. My i730 has been through a ton of crap, and I haven't had many replaced because of build quality. The quality of the i730 to me is much better than any HTC device.
That is perspective...I had HTC devices connected to my pc via usb and picked up my laptop only to see them fly from1 side of the room to the other and smash on the floor unscratched...

Quote:
3. Exterior number pad - many people have been complaining about this, but I use the numbers all the time. Many times I can't use voice dial to call, and I just want to type it. I have an excellent memory for numbers and type them in all the time. I find I can do that without having to look at the screen to select a contact, and I do this on the small keypad on the i730. I also hit a LOT of calling trees and need to type in numbers quite often. I have never gotten used to the touch screen number pad, and prefer hard keys for numbers. Since everyone is switching to horizontal keypads (even smartphone devices), it's great still having the number pad on the outside of the phone.
Everyone uses digital number pads these days....that aside 6800 has a physical number pad on the keyboard..

Quote:
So for me, I think the i760 is the best device "so far". If the 6800 turns out better in 6-12 months, and gets WM6, then I will look at it again, but for the three points I made above, the i760 wins, no matter how much memory the 6800 has built in, or the MP count on the camera. "
Again your source is 5 years outdated...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)