PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 11:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why is TP2 better than iphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
Anyone who rants and raves about either the TP2 or the iphone stinks is just ignorant. It's a totally juvenile argument. And I hate to say it but honestly, the more emotionally you get about it, the more you prove you belong back in 7th grade...
LOL, I totally agree.........

~John
Old 12-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

asbestos is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Exactly.

I have a second gen 16 gig ipod touch that is jail broken & I absolutely love the thing. It is a MUCH better music/multimedia player etc. than my TP2.

I am not much of a gamer, but I do love to play NFS Undercover g-sen occasionally when I'm killing time at work & for some reason the ipod version is 1000 times better game than the WM version (I use both). The ipod Pandora app is also awesome.

If I could figure out a way to make phone calls from the ipod on my Verizon account, I would use it all the time as a second phone.

I absolutely love the TP2 & that would still be my #1 phone hands down, but I could definitely find a use for both...........

~John
I do the same thing. I wifi tether my iphone to my Touch Pro (soon to be TP2 from work) but I use Skype instead. I have the Skype out $2.99 plan and I make calls all the time that way. It's a rather clunky way to do it but it works.

My son does that too with his ipod touch. We are around wifi 90% of the time so it works very well.

If the iphone/ipod touch had a better reminder system ala Android, it would be, in my opinion, the single best hand held communication/productivity device around.

The futurist in me had a really cool idea:

Get a TP/TP2 from Us Cellular (best 3g provider in my area believe it or not) and only have a $24.99 data only plan. Park it in the back of my vehicle and just use VOIP for voice communications. I'd have for all intentions an unlimited calling plan for about $30.00 per month, along with 3g data speeds when ever I want. I am not sure what Verizon's rates are for a data only plan other than the mifi hotspots ($60.00). Sprint has a similar data only plan so it could work there too.

It's and interesting time we live it to say the least

One day things like this will be the norm!
Old 12-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

asbestos is a n00b

Quote:
Anyone who rants and raves about either the TP2 or the iphone stinks is just ignorant. It's a totally juvenile argument. And I hate to say it but honestly, the more emotionally you get about it, the more you prove you belong back in 7th grade...
Oh comon! Phones are the new hot rods of the 60's and 70's! If we can't sit around and say what we have is the best I'm taking my toys and going home.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

"mommy, some mean kids just hurt my feelings and made fun of my phone... please make them stop... wahhhhh"
Old 12-06-2009, 12:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbestos View Post
Oh comon! Phones are the new hot rods of the 60's and 70's! If we can't sit around and say what we have is the best I'm taking my toys and going home.
LOL, well I can relate to that.....

I actually grew up building racing & modifying the original muscle cars. We used to argue that stuff constantly.

One of my street cars in the 70's (I was a flat rate mechanic in a Chevy dealer back in those days) was a 1969 Chevy Nova SS. It was powered by a 486 cubic inch big block stroker "rat motor" with a belt driven supercharger & 4.88 rear axle ratio. That car pulled the front wheels off the ground going into 2nd gear & was an absolute terror on a 1/4 mile NHRA dragstrip that is long gone........

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:32 PM
VIP Member

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

hothods is one thing... they are special among a few.

But we are talking about a ubiquitous phone... smartphones are everywhere.

heck, my wife can argue that her 4 year old flip phone is better than my TP2... BECAUSE that's the phone that fits her best.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2, touch diamond
Carrier: telus

pousti is a n00b

this was a funny read. i dont get the "why bother comparing phones?" argument no fun at all. here are real reasons tp2 is better than iphone.

tp2 is better than iphone because:
1.better looking screen
2.more customization
3.choice of network
4.can change battery
5.can add memory
6.much longer battery life
7.tilt screen
8.bigger screen(not much but true)
9.itunes not a system requirement
10.wifi-router
11.dont need an app for that... cuz it came with it
12.bar none best keyboard ever on a phone
13.extreamly cheap and common usb cable/charging cable
Old 12-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Banned User
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
By the way, the nephew doesn't "work for the government". He is a sub contractor who owns his business & lives in a 3 million dollar house in Cambridge Ma. He knows how to "think for himself" just fine........~John
And because this doesn't jive with your original story, I'm now going to believe that you made it all up.

Quote:
You are boring. You're the moron that sits there at a party and says to a group of people, "STOP ARGUING! PORSCHE IS GOOD. FERRARI IS GOOD. It's all up to personal preference." Who cares? We know this already. But a competitive discussion is more interesting. We all know that people can go ahead and like the Twilight movies and the Jonas Brothers, but it's more interesting to sit there and say they suck. Once again, like others have said, if you don't like it, get out. You're not going to convince anyone in this thread to "take it neutral" because that's just lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbestos View Post
This is another point I get a kick out of. The iphone can be jailbroken and the custimization level is no different than a Windows Mobile phone, period. There are ways to theme it, change icons, change the way the springboard (think desktop) shows icons. In fact, there are some pretty cutting edge stuff out there that is right up there with sense ui from HTC.
An iPhone does NOT have the same customizability as a Windows Phone and never will until they change their structure. Same with PC vs Mac, too,by the way. Also, Microsoft isn't releasing patches every 3 months banning people from cracking their phones. If you don't like what I have to say, go right click something or pay $1 per song.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:49 PM
VIP Member

OK to compare phones to PORSCHE, FERRARI is at best laughable.

That is sooooo ridiculous. You are making an illustration for something that costs $100K to phones that costs $100-$300.

I guess this dumb argument is fun for some people... if you are in 7th grade.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Banned User
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I guess I'm in 7th grade then. If you own Apple, I am going to treat you like an ignorant person, because most likely that's what you are. Not 100%, but I'll go ahead and chance it.

And once again, if you come into a thread that asks for an argument of one side against another, why oh why are you sitting there with that lame "it's all up to personal preference!!!!" statement. No one cares. Leave. The OP didn't ask for your philosophical views on preference.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison