PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: alltel

denada777 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help!! Locking up

OK...this may be a little long but here goes.

Recently my phone started locking up 2-3 times a day. I'm running the stock 6.1 that came on the phone. I have slao noticed that my GPS isn't working correctly. When i start Google maps it finds me very quickly and then doesn't follow me. I hit the 0 key to goto my current posistion and nothing happens. If i restart the program it can't locate satelie signal at all.

I ran GPS test and it found me quickly went into 3d then lost all GPS signals......no satelites in view at all then started searching for my GPS like it wasn't even there just a few seconds ago.

i have hard reset the phone and reloaded everything....same problem. I hard reset the phone and loaded nothing at all except for google maps and still the same thing happened. I even hard reset the phone and loaded nothing...not even my contacts and it locked up on me later on that day.

Is my phone/hardware dying a slow painful death or is this something i can fix? is it time for me to use my insurance and get another?

Thanks for any help

Last edited by denada777; 11-01-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

davidck65 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Help!! Locking up

I am having similar issues. More so the GPS. Google or Bing will lock on the first time I start but then lose signal and will not recover signal. No GPS program can get a signal unless I reset and then only for a minute and then the same issue again. Anyone have any ideas? Even if I do a hard reset, install nothing, and run Microsoft Live it locks on right away loses signal and will not find it again unless I reset and then only for a minute.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

JsrxJsr is a n00b

Same Here, exact issues, all of the above! Could it be because of the time change? I'm at a loss!
Old 11-01-2009, 05:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by denada777 View Post
Thanks for any help
d777, which version r u running ?? 1.03 or 1.04?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JsrxJsr View Post
Could it be because of the time change?
i doubt it, mines been doin fine since the time change around 1 or 2 am today
Old 11-01-2009, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

davidck65 is becoming a great contributor

I am running 1.04 and this was a problem for me before the time change.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Lurker

JsrxJsr is a n00b

True. I'm an Alltel/Verizon convert. My problems started night before last.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:10 PM
VIP Member

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if ur not runnin a custom rom, mite wanna take it to a tech center to have looked it, cuz if u hard reset an stuff already and it still does it, mite need to be replaced....but with sprint, i can dial ##786# and hard reset it that way...
Old 11-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Lurker

JsrxJsr is a n00b

No custom ROM here. I've done 4 hard resets and restored backups from as far back as two months, and still have the same issues each time. This last time I hard reset, with nothing else on the phone, I installed Bing and Google Maps (separately) and immediately experienced the lockups and the phone restarting itself. So about 2 hours ago I restored my most recent backup, went in and turned the phones "Location Setting" to off, and using MemMaid disabled any and all gps related startups and the phone has been just fine since. So it's most definately GPS problem.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:40 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsrxJsr View Post
So about 2 hours ago I restored my most recent backup, went in and turned the phones "Location Setting" to off, and using MemMaid disabled any and all gps related startups and the phone has been just fine since. So it's most definately GPS problem.
ok...this mite sound funny, but if u have a bing or any other folder that pertains to a gps program and/or under the temp folder, delete anything that doesnt look like its supposed to be there. reason being, in my temp folder, i had a sprite backup file that prevented me from using the spriteBU app successfully. and after deletion, all has been well
Old 11-01-2009, 06:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: alltel
Threadstarter

denada777 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
d777, which version r u running ?? 1.03 or 1.04?
which version of what?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro