PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 01:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

PedroDaGr8 is keeping up the good workPedroDaGr8 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Treo Pro and WM 6.5 ?

The one downside I see for my wifes Treo Pro is that the stock roms are BLOATED as hell. I will agree, it is HANDS DOWN BY FAR the best stock rom released. I just feel that a lot of the flashed roms (even the 6.1 ones) are faster and less bloated.

Also, it costs a maker around $5-10/phone for Windows Mobile. I want to say it is $5 but part of my head keeps saying $10.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:36 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
The one downside I see for my wifes Treo Pro is that the stock roms are BLOATED as hell. I will agree, it is HANDS DOWN BY FAR the best stock rom released. I just feel that a lot of the flashed roms (even the 6.1 ones) are faster and less bloated.

Also, it costs a maker around $5-10/phone for Windows Mobile. I want to say it is $5 but part of my head keeps saying $10.
Ur from Lex? Thats one of my Fav cities bro! I went to UK my first 3 semesters of college! Haha. Sorry I'm off topic. If your wife has a Treo Pro check out my giveaway thread, I have a pink cover I'm giving away.

On topic: You guys are correct, wm6.5 is more finger friendly, of course this phone came out later than the TP and it should in all honesty get the 6.5 update since it has the start button key. I didn't like 6.5 much on my old Touch Pro, it is nice, but seemed unstable at times, more so than 6.1. I think even if they did drop an update I am not sure I would go for it!
Old 07-08-2009, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Hahaha, hell yeah. I graduated from UK. BG is a nice city as well, been there MANY MANY times.

Hehe, I'll check it out.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:58 PM
White Monster > Red Bull

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Hahaha, hell yeah. I graduated from UK. BG is a nice city as well, been there MANY MANY times.

Hehe, I'll check it out.
Nice! So you know all about some Cats! Haha.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Heck yeah. My dad has had season tickets to basketball since the 80s (albeit nose bleed but still a blast).
Old 07-08-2009, 07:20 PM
White Monster > Red Bull

Quote:
Heck yeah. My dad has had season tickets to basketball since the 80s (albeit nose bleed but still a blast).
There's no nosebleeds that aren't awesome in RUPP!!!
Old 07-09-2009, 01:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Palm Treo Pro

shailigum is just getting started

I'm currently going back and forth between my Treo Pro and Touch Pro, and actually the latest 6.5 roms out for the Touch Pro are running very well and are very stable and usable on a day to day basis.
I think in the end all WinMo 6.1 Pro devices that are compatible will legitimately receive a 6.5 upgrade, its just a question of which ones will get it first.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2/treo pro/mogul
Carrier: sprint

miketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailigum View Post
I'm currently going back and forth between my Treo Pro and Touch Pro, and actually the latest 6.5 roms out for the Touch Pro are running very well and are very stable and usable on a day to day basis.
I think in the end all WinMo 6.1 Pro devices that are compatible will legitimately receive a 6.5 upgrade, its just a question of which ones will get it first.
what custom rom are you running on you touch pro?
Old 07-13-2009, 04:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Palm Treo Pro

shailigum is just getting started

GrooveRom 5.
I actually picked up a Pre the other day and i'm currently using it right now.
I can honestly say that up until now it's the first phone i've used that can be considered an iPhone killer.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

MiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to MiltonPro Send a message via MSN to MiltonPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailigum View Post
GrooveRom 5.
I actually picked up a Pre the other day and i'm currently using it right now.
I can honestly say that up until now it's the first phone i've used that can be considered an iPhone killer.
I have played around with the Treo Pro.... I have to agree with everyone. It super stable and responsive, but definately bloated. Not too shaby on speed as well.... And yes, wm6.5 would be nice on the treo, but its not needed as bad as the Touch PRO needed it. I also use Groove 5 latest build. Love wm6.5, haven't messed with Tflo for 3 months..

The Palm pre is nice, still can't seem to get over the shape and feel of the plastic slideout keyboard......

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro