PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 12:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

boosted21 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Treo Pro Reviews

March 11th is the day the Palm Pro will be released!!!
Old 03-01-2009, 04:18 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)
Carrier: Sprint

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Almost time for the "improved" Treo Pro...

Has the RAM been fixed?
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 03-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Pro 2
Carrier: sprit

JayMike_ is a n00b

My only issue is it is too slippery. I wish the back was that rubberized type. Any one know of a good glove fit case for it.

Also, anyway to keep the green and red lights on at a dimmed level at all times?
Old 03-14-2009, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

crashjack is keeping up the good workcrashjack is keeping up the good work

Hey JayMike, stop by your local Sprint Store, they should have a case/holster combo pack made by Seidio. costs 29.99 and it gives the phone that rubberized look and feel you are looking for, and the case and holster work together so you dont have to choose between them.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Palm Treo Pro

fresh31 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashjack View Post
Hey JayMike, stop by your local Sprint Store, they should have a case/holster combo pack made by Seidio. costs 29.99 and it gives the phone that rubberized look and feel you are looking for, and the case and holster work together so you dont have to choose between them.
It's the innocase Idk if sprint priced it at what they did on purpose but from the looks of it on seidioonline.com it's 29.95 per piece, and sprints selling it for 29.99 for both it works nice lol
Old 03-16-2009, 10:38 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP
Re: Treo Pro Reviews (Quick Review after 5 minutes)

I only had 5 minutes with the phone and so far I am fairly impressed. This does not have the beautiful VGA screen as the Diamond or TP, but it is good enough and I would gladly trade this screen for the perceived improvement in battery life. The hardware design is very sleek and stylish, it seems lightyears beyond the normal Palm designs (i.e. Centros and older Treos). Must be because HTC had a hand in designing this puppy. =D>

The things that impressed me most after only holding it for 5 minutes is the added software. This comes preloaded with FlashLite, that is right I watched YouTube and video from the San Francisco 49ers website directly through PIE. Skyfire was not needed for that. There is also a mouse pointer when using PIE. Really useful when clicking smaller links.

The MMS that is installed is our beloved Arcsoft MMS, works flawlessly with preloaded Sprint MMSC server information (I am hoping someone can soon rip it for the Diamond and TP). This is a big upgrade over the Verisign Picturemail crapp, sorry I meant app, that was preloaded in the Diamonds and TPs.

Lastly, one of the other things I noticed most was the simple yet effective Keyguard. Press Red or Power key to turn off screen and disable keys. Press Power or Red key and then press center key to enable keys and touchscreen. Very effective, hard to accidently press two keys in sequence while it is in your pocket but simple enough to quickly unlock when it is needed. Sometimes it is the simple things in life that make it great.

If you bought this phone or are planning to, from what I have seen after 5 minutes I think you will be very satisfied. It seems to have all of the things that we have come to know and love/hate from Windows Mobile. Along with these surprising preinstalled features. I will check back in after I have had more time with the phone. Mahalo!

Last edited by MrHawaii; 03-16-2009 at 11:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Palm Treo Pro

Hawk1957 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashjack View Post
I have this case too, like it alot.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

crashjack is keeping up the good workcrashjack is keeping up the good work

Just FYI, the Treo Pro has the screen type (cant remember what it is called) that can be viewed outside in direct sunlight. Good news for us geeks that like to be outside
Old 03-31-2009, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro

thundrbird1 is keeping up the good workthundrbird1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk1957 View Post
I have this case too, like it alot.
Went by the Sprint store and they don't have any accessories. Can you post a pic of this combo pack
Peace
Old 04-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Phreddo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrbird1 View Post
Went by the Sprint store and they don't have any accessories. Can you post a pic of this combo pack
Peace
http://www.seidioonline.com/product-...r3trpro-bk.htm

This is the seidio innocase with holster, usually $50 from seidio, $30 at the sprint store. Feels like a mistake, but it's the real deal. Works great!

"Just FYI, the Treo Pro has the screen type (cant remember what it is called) that can be viewed outside in direct sunlight. Good news for us geeks that like to be outside "

I've never really seen this before in a screen. The backlighting is a bit duller, but in direct sunlight, it looks really great. I shouldn't be looking at this stuff when I'm driving.

I got this after having a Touch Pro, and I think this one is a keeper.

UPDATE> there have been a few glitches with some programs, and I'm having to learn the nuances of the hardware and software tweaks. Also, finding a car charger was a bit of a challenge. But, overall, I'm so far -very- happy with this phone.

Last edited by Phreddo; 04-04-2009 at 09:35 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro