PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 08:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: using the 800w as a wireless modem

for gaming and stuff, i wudnt trust the 800w PAM either, HOWEVER i have a u727 from sprint. when i PAM with my 800w, i actually got faster up and download speeds(download was about 300kbps difference, but upload was only a 80-100, if that, kbps difference)

Dang, my fault, i misunderstood.

Last edited by skeegcpp; 01-23-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 800w
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

robdmau is a n00b

In my area I'm getting about 1.4 to 1.6 MB downloads... it is faster than my fireds QWEST internet which is getting downloads at about 1.2 MB... I would love to try just to see if it works. Where do I get this or how do I set it up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
The main thing I would be concerned with when using my phone as a modem is if the connection is even fast enough to be usable. I doubt it is, which would result in severe server lag or choppy game play.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:08 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

robdmau is a n00b

are there any other ideas to connect the Nintendo Wii with the treo 800w? WiFi, bluetooth, USB whatever it takes...
Old 01-23-2009, 01:50 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

robdmau is a n00b

I can get connect with no issues... I use it all the time, infact this is my only form of internet. The questions I was trying to ask is how do i take this and get my nintendo Wii on the internet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
you can try this, works on my 800w. now, i did not do the ics reg edit. also do u have the 6.1 update? if so, download PAM cab. then go to start/settings/connections/connections/select networks/tap edit under MY ISP/should see auto pick-phone as modem-power vision.
once that checks out ok, go to start/programs/internet sharing/tap connect. it should say check usb connection. now, connect phone with pc, once they're connected, from your phone go to start/programs/internet sharing/tap connect again. it should say check usb connection. then say connected. now open browser and browse an stuff
Old 01-24-2009, 02:03 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

robdmau is a n00b

I installed it with the wifi on. some poeple say to turn off internet sharing and some say to go back in and turn it back on. I have done both and nothing. No errors or anything like that, I CANNOT find the access point with my laptop but I can find it with my wii. Once i connect it with my wii, I say ok to the connection test and then iot will not get any internet signal. I'm using 0.89
Old 01-24-2009, 02:06 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

robdmau is a n00b

Just tried the new 1.25 trial and the exact same thing... my laptop will not find it and my wii finds the access point but nothing is being sent out... I know my internet sharing is working because thats how im online now... the 1.25 gives me all these cool tools and it shows that there is no info going out... ANY IDEA
Old 01-26-2009, 11:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro

cjmedina is keeping up the good workcjmedina is keeping up the good work

i tried the pdanet and worked for a while then it gave me a error say cant dial up. i then installed the pam cab and works perfectly

[/U]
Old 02-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Lurker

khandi is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
does the wii have bluetooth?
it won't work by plugging it into the usb ports because it needs the drivers to be able to interact with the phone.
wmwifirouter should work though.
so wmwifirouter does work on the 800w? where can i get a free version. Tried it before and i kept getting an error message but that was a few months ago maybe you can guide me through it. Thanks!

I stumbled on something great the other day. a list of every thread i've ever posted on and the replies but i can't seem to find it again. can you point me to it? Thanks
Old 02-03-2009, 12:53 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by khandi View Post
so wmwifirouter does work on the 800w? where can i get a free version. Tried it before and i kept getting an error message but that was a few months ago maybe you can guide me through it. Thanks!

I stumbled on something great the other day. a list of every thread i've ever posted on and the replies but i can't seem to find it again. can you point me to it? Thanks
Yes, WMWifiRouter works on the 800w, but I've only had luck with version 1.20 and 1.25. The only free version available is 0.89 and earlier. Otherwise you have to pay for it like everyone else.

To see all the posts you've made go to your USERCP, look at the top of the screen with all the tabs.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo pro

resinis is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

yes it works. i can only get it to work without encryption though, but otherwise its fast and good. actually posting on it now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w