PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo 800w (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   using the 800w as a wireless modem (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51215)

robdmau 12-31-2008 01:38 AM

using the 800w as a wireless modem

I use my 800W for my internet connection. What I'm trying to get to work is to connect my Wii using my phone. I can get my laptop to connect with no issues but my Nintendo Wii will not pick up the bluetooth connection. I even tried to plug it into the USB port and nothing. The last thing I can think of is getting this phone to broadcast a Wifi signal to have the Wii pickup the Wifi.

Is there a way to do this?

Or has anyone found out how to get the Wii to connect to the 800W with bluetooth or USB?

hooover 12-31-2008 01:55 AM

Re: using the 800w as a wireless modem

Look there are way's to get connected thru tour device, but if this is all off a wifi sig that you are ripping then its going to be dependant on the acsess point.

skeegcpp 12-31-2008 02:38 AM

OR...with an unlimited data plan and without using wifi, u cud PAM with ur 800w, post 148 after installing cab file, go to start/settings/connections/connections/advanced/select network/under My ISP tap edit....shud be 3 options, make sure ONLY power vision is selected.
Then....sync fone with PC....after that completes, go to programs/internet sharing-tap it/then press connect. it shud go from "checking usb connection" to "connected". Once u've done that, open browser of choice, and surf, stream, download, whatever...lol

crazychef 12-31-2008 05:55 AM

cant u just use wmwifirouter like the rest of the PPC world??

turn u into the acess point

kaw900r 12-31-2008 09:06 AM

No wmwifirouter wouldn't work for me but PAM is the girl for me. SHe works like a charm. All thanks to skeegcpp.:mrgreen:

skeegcpp 12-31-2008 02:56 PM

thx bro...whats up kaw9??? havent seen u in a while, been lurking around???? lol j/k...keep geekin on my, bro

dannzeman 01-01-2009 05:00 AM

does the wii have bluetooth?
it won't work by plugging it into the usb ports because it needs the drivers to be able to interact with the phone.
wmwifirouter should work though.

robdmau 01-23-2009 03:28 AM

thanks a lot... I used to get emails saying someone has replied and I never got any, never knew all this was posted until just now... yes the wii has blutooth, and can you explain the wmwifirouter? sounds like this will let my phone send a wifi signal? if so how or where do I get it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannzeman (Post 611556)
does the wii have bluetooth?
it won't work by plugging it into the usb ports because it needs the drivers to be able to interact with the phone.
wmwifirouter should work though.

Drnycallstar19 01-23-2009 04:44 AM

I tried this the other day connecting my wii to my phones access point using wmwifirouter. Didn't work. But if u want to try go ahead and try!!!! Maybe it'll actually work for u. Maybe I missed something but don't get your hopes up.

dannzeman 01-23-2009 08:53 AM

The main thing I would be concerned with when using my phone as a modem is if the connection is even fast enough to be usable. I doubt it is, which would result in severe server lag or choppy game play.