PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2006, 04:07 PM
N00b

digital0verdose is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
no no theres a fix i just cant remember it off the top of my head. ill see if i cantfind it and post. but it has something to do with the way u have it setup. something to do with the gmail settings. wish i could remember what tho..hmmm.
~mike
Let me clarify, you can do this, but it kills your battery. YOu have to setup gmail to pass ALL emails through pop3. The problem is that it doesn't just look in your inbox, it also looks into your archive so everytime you send/receive it (poutlook) will look at all your emails and determine which ones fall within the day range you selected. With just 200 email the process takes about 30 min.

The only way for this to work efficiently is to constantly delete your email from GMail. This is not an option because I constantly refer back to old e-mails.

By your advice, I am giving mail2web a try. My only concern is how it handles different email addresses as I have multiple and I want each to use it's own email address and not one global address.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:26 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
u can archive gmails copy of the message...i personally use the free mail2web services but mala does have an personal exchange account with them so u may wanna ask him about any oncerns there.
~mike

Old 11-01-2006, 08:31 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

skierrobumn is a n00b
I tried setting the advanced setting on poutlook to only download message header and include 999kb of message body. This seems to work. I just wonder how often e-mails will be over 999kb?

Anyone know how common e-mails of that size are? Not considering e-mails with attachments.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Founder & Owner

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
u can download the full message after u recieve it so u dont have to worry about that. so to confirm this does stop them from being deleted the next time it connects to recieve right?
Old 11-01-2006, 09:25 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

skierrobumn is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
so to confirm this does stop them from being deleted the next time it connects to recieve right?
It appears so as of now. I will monitor it and report any problems if they come up.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:22 PM
Founder & Owner

I thought it worked the other member said he tried it and it didnt work.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:44 PM
N00b

digital0verdose is a n00b
What was not working for me was the emails on my device. They would download and then dissapear after a few moments. It didn't matter what size headers were allowed
Old 11-02-2006, 12:03 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

skierrobumn is a n00b
Hmm so conflicting reports. Let me try it again and see what happens. I will send a few e-mails to it to see how it handles multiple e-mails.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:12 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

skierrobumn is a n00b
Tried again, works like a charm. No issues here. Thanks Wideawake!
Old 11-02-2006, 12:14 AM
Founder & Owner

no problem I thought it worked. thanks for confirming.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX