PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2006, 01:42 AM
Lurker

skierrobumn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Major Issues with Gmail POP3 and my 700wx! PLEASE HELP!

So here is my problem.

I have GMAIL POP turned on for my e-mails.

When I receive a new e-mail it pops up a notification on my Treo 700wx. If I do not immediately open the e-mail and just leave the treo sit....When the Treo checks for messages again in 30 mins then it wipes out the message that came in, it is no longer on my treo.

I have this setting selected on Gmail:
2. When messages are accessed with POP keep Gmail's copy in Inbox.

Please help, why is the treo getting rid of these new e-mails?
Old 11-01-2006, 01:49 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
there is another way to fix this just cant remember how but if Im not mistaken this also works. open up poutlook go to menu/tools/options/select ur gmail account and go the last page I think (doing this from memory, I use push now) select advanced in the drop down box select get message header and in the box that has a kb behind it put 999. try that and see if that works if not I will see if I cant find that other fix.
~mike

Old 11-01-2006, 01:54 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I remember there being an option to "archive Gmails copy." You can try that, hopefully prevent conflicts. That was the option I used before and never had an issue

You could just get a mail2web account and fwd all of your gmail to that address. I do exactly that and have never been happier. My battery likes it just as much as I do!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:09 AM
N00b

digital0verdose is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmannyc
I remember there being an option to "archive Gmails copy." You can try that, hopefully prevent conflicts. That was the option I used before and never had an issue

You could just get a mail2web account and fwd all of your gmail to that address. I do exactly that and have never been happier. My battery likes it just as much as I do!
I tried the Archive advice but that didn't work. With the mail2web, if you reply to an email does it use an @mail2web as a reply or your @gmail.com? Thanks!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:16 AM
Founder & Owner

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
uses the @mail2web but....for 1.99 a month u can have up to 5 proxy addys that allow you to outgoing mail as whatever u like.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:18 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
uses the @mail2web but....for 1.99 a month u can have up to 5 proxy addys that allow you to outgoing mail as whatever u like.
That's cool and all, and if it comes down to it I will, but if there is a way for GMail to work correctly on its own, that would be optimal.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Founder & Owner

did u try what I posted above?
Old 11-01-2006, 10:26 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
did u try what I posted above?
I'm testing now. I will post my result in a few minutes.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:31 AM
N00b

Nope, that didn't work. After about 10 seconds or so the message just dissapears from the device.

It looks like its an issue with the actual e-mail prog poutlook. Guess the only way to fix it is to use a different e-mail client.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:27 PM
Founder & Owner

no no theres a fix i just cant remember it off the top of my head. ill see if i cantfind it and post. but it has something to do with the way u have it setup. something to do with the gmail settings. wish i could remember what tho..hmmm.
~mike

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX