PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2007, 06:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g, Optimus S
Carrier: Sprint

DexterDawg is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by residentgrouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38
I'd recommend you install hidelogo (there's a link on the FAQs sticky) to remove the Sprint bar since you have access to BT from PA.

Do you have a link for that WA2 theme?

Nice looking screen!
Thanks Pibe.
Budney beat me to the link, but about that hidebar thing...doesn't it also remove my contacts lookup field?
If so, how do you guys usually initiate a phone call to one of the contacts?

TIA,
Residentgrouch
You mean these things are phones?
Old 03-06-2007, 06:56 PM
Lurker

residentgrouch is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to residentgrouch
Ok, thanks for that.

Sorry, I guess I'm still a n0ob at this
Old 03-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Lurker

pimpin-tl is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearxor
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscottcj
by the way... how are you all hiding the carrier bar (Cingular - Verizon - Sprint)... ?

that would provide some additional space as well...
http://www.ppcgeeks.com/remove-logo-...sed-t1066.html

This didn't work for me, caused a error.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:23 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
What error? Almost of all us are using hidelogo with no issues.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 03-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Lurker

pimpin-tl is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38
What error? Almost of all us are using hidelogo with no issues.
It just said a erorr has occured and wanted to contact microsoft. It didn't show anything like gwes.exe, etc.

Which file are we suppose to download?
Old 03-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Lurker

pimpin-tl is a n00b
I just tried it again and it worked. Weird.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
I will be installing and using (hopefully, last one did not work) an image capture tonight, but in the meantime, I am looking for apps to consolidate (like a tab-type, or quick icons on the today page), but I NEED picture speed dial. I love some of the suggestions in here (only read about half so far), and really hope to see some suggestions tonight (I will also post my current screen tonight if I can.)

P.S. Does the hide logo app work with Verizon? The last one I tried crashed and didn't do anything.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:31 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
As far as I know hidelogo works on Verizon with no issues; please make sure you read all the instructions provided.

For screen capture you don't really need to install any applications. If you plan on connecting your device to your PC I'd recommend GetPDAScreen since you don't have to install it to the device.

For the tabs/quick launcher plus picture speed dial you have many options...

On the screenshot above you can see how I have SBSH iLauncher set as no-tab layout, juet below PhoneAlarm. Keep in mind you could set it up this way and then add speed dial somewhere else on the screen since this layout does not use much space. You could also change iLauncher to display in the 3-tab layout.

Although I do not use this layout anymore, see on the screenshots below how Spb Mobile Shell can also fit your needs...

The first screenshot displays Mobile Shell in a closed state if you may (the big icons). These big icon actually open tabs as displayed on the second screenshot.

Mobile Shell included its own picture speed dial, but it is more limited than the Palm one, however, you can replace that tab with a custom one and use the Palm speed dial plugin.

Go here for more info on iLauncher and screenshots of the 3-tab style: http://www.sbsh.net/products/ilauncher/

Go here for more info on Mobile Shell: http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/prod...obileshell/?en

Hope all this info helps!
Old 03-09-2007, 12:50 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
I tried!!!!

I must be a total noob to these apps!!!! I could not get the screen capture app to work (kept crashing). I did install Pocket Plus, so I am getting there. I am going to try the logo patch tonight to see if I can attain more real estate here. One question though....I did find one program to reproportion (sp) the screen output, but are there any others? The one I found was $20, and I have a hard time paying that much when the apps I use do a LOT for a lot less. I may get it eventually, but I want to shop around. I will try AGAIN to post my screen tonight, I am getting there....you guys are great!!!!
Old 03-09-2007, 01:13 PM
VIP Member

P.S.

Anybody out there know how (if there IS a way) to change the color of the battery indicator bar on the top of the Today screen (from Pocket Plus) I like the indicator, but it is the same color as the top bar, and it blends WAY to much to be useful!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX