PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 11:57 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4
Carrier: Sprint

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc
Sound Stopped Working

I had my Pre wired to my desktop speakers watching a DVD. When I unplugged the speakers I had no sound using any of the audio or video apps. Ringtones and Text message notifiations worked fine. I went to Palm's Forum and found this:

Was sound working correctly through your speakers with your Palm device and suddenly disappeared? Does the sound work correctly using wired headphones? This thread may be a solution.

In many Palm devices, there is a tiny microswitch inside the barrel of the headphone jack. Over time, it can become stuck due to a combination of dirt, finger oil, and homeless dust bunnies trying to find a place to stay!

Freeing this switch returns normal operation of the speakers. Sometimes the action of inserting and removing the plug from a set of earphones will free it; other times, it may be a bit more grimy and can fight back.

Many users have found that placing a tiny drop of an electronics-type lubricant (WD-40, contact cleaner, etc.) on the plug and inserting and removing several times can bring success.

Note: This is not an official sanctioned repair from Palm Inc. - I'm a volunteer here, and have seen this work in many situations.

Hope this helped,

WyreNut

I have this issue with my kids' Centros and was hoping not to have it on my Pre.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Sound Stopped Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
I had my Pre wired to my desktop speakers watching a DVD. When I unplugged the speakers I had no sound using any of the audio or video apps.

Many users have found that placing a tiny drop of an electronics-type lubricant (WD-40, contact cleaner, etc.) on the plug and inserting and removing several times can bring success.

Note: This is not an official sanctioned repair from Palm Inc. - I'm a volunteer here, and have seen this work in many situations.
Hrm... there is too much do-it yourself repair involved with this phone.

I have a piece of electrical tape holding my battery in place. There's a fix for the wobbly screen involving hot glue... WD-40 on the audio jack...

I am starting to lean toward taking this phone back due to the general hardware problems. If all this stuff is happening in the first 2 weeks, who knows what we will be dealing with next year.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

bridic is keeping up the good workbridic is keeping up the good work

Just give is a soft reset: Orange buttong + Sym button + R button.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:04 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

or reset under device info

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 06-23-2009, 04:20 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4
Threadstarter

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Resets only resolve software issues and not hardware issues.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker

bridic is keeping up the good workbridic is keeping up the good work

My sound was messing up because of a software issue.
A soft reset fixed it right up.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre