PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 02:43 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: 720/800 mhz boost for your Pre

Has anyone noticed any heat issues when using the phone (on a call) for an extended period of time?
Old 03-28-2010, 02:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Evo, BB9670, Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Not me Carla. Just a slight increase when charging in jeep while streaming.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:02 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Thanks. I was just curious, I am interested in firing up the ole Pre to try this out, but I talk to my sister a lot and I don't want the phone to burn my hand like some others have tended to do after extended use.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Carla I can honestly say I've had no instability or bad issues so far. I installed Friday night and it's run perfectly. I've had none of the random restarts associated with 1.4 since installing the patch. Also it seems to have improved the battery life. I had a Gran Prix in the 70's that got better mileage at 70 than it did at 55 (the legal speed limit at the time). Same seems to be true here so far. The processor seems to be more efficient at 800. Let's hope it holds. I miss that car!
Old 03-28-2010, 12:26 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
Has anyone noticed any heat issues when using the phone (on a call) for an extended period of time?
I haven't had any heat issues. Like wudstock54 I've seemed to have improved battery life but I'm not sure if that is just my preception.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & Palm Pre

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
I was downloading and charging on a touchstone at the same time and the temperature went up 44 degrees C with the 720 patch. A little hot but it shouldn't be an issue.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:01 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

I'm currently on 39C and that's because I'm charging it and using Accu Radio.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Made it from Friday thru Tuesday with no negatives or glitches. Still stable and running very fast.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm PrĂȘ

polo is a n00b

I'm should be the most stupid guy around here, I cant find the download on the filehosting page, can any one help me???
Old 03-31-2010, 09:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I believe the links have been removed until ipk's are available.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre