PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 06:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Evo, BB9670, Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 720/800 mhz boost for your Pre

Still smooth sailing.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:54 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

I've been using my EVO now for a week and I love it. The only thing that would make it better was if it had WebOS. Android has taken some getting used to and I will admit I miss my Pre, though it is still sitting on my desk at home. Speeds on the device itself are a little faster than the Pre, though not by much with the 800mhz patch installed, but the 4g experience makes up for it. Plus the ability to have expandable and swappable storage is great. If HPalm decides to go with a better device with WebOS and 4g next year I may switch back.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Good deal Sanmanc! I bought an Evo yesterday cause the price was right. I have to agree with you about the speed. It is a little smoother than the Pre but it's still android. I don't use my Pre for media, I have several ipods so switching the card isn't a big deal for me. As for 4g it's gonna be at least 2012 before we get it. Just got 3g in January of 2010. 100% agree about the physical Evo running webos. To me there's no comparison. Webos just fits my need better. Having said all that the Evo seems to be a good stable phone.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:01 AM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
I've been using my EVO now for a week and I love it. The only thing that would make it better was if it had WebOS. Android has taken some getting used to and I will admit I miss my Pre, though it is still sitting on my desk at home. Speeds on the device itself are a little faster than the Pre, though not by much with the 800mhz patch installed, but the 4g experience makes up for it. Plus the ability to have expandable and swappable storage is great. If HPalm decides to go with a better device with WebOS and 4g next year I may switch back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wudstock54 View Post
Good deal Sanmanc! I bought an Evo yesterday cause the price was right. I have to agree with you about the speed. It is a little smoother than the Pre but it's still android. I don't use my Pre for media, I have several ipods so switching the card isn't a big deal for me. As for 4g it's gonna be at least 2012 before we get it. Just got 3g in January of 2010. 100% agree about the physical Evo running webos. To me there's no comparison. Webos just fits my need better. Having said all that the Evo seems to be a good stable phone.
WTH!!! Noooooooo!!! Not the two of you, man it must be rainin' bacon and Lucifer must now be a VIP member of Men's Warehouse.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker

LOL, well said Mr. H. Don't worry, Evo is back in the box and the Pre still rox! I ran across one for $200 still unopened so couldn't pass it up. I can't upgrade til Feb. so I bought it. I'll keep using the Pre til another webos device comes along. Sorry if this post seems disjointed. It's 4am and I'm about to head to the cancer center.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:42 AM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

Quote:
LOL, well said Mr. H. Don't worry, Evo is back in the box and the Pre still rox! I ran across one for $200 still unopened so couldn't pass it up. I can't upgrade til Feb. so I bought it. I'll keep using the Pre til another webos device comes along. Sorry if this post seems disjointed. It's 4am and I'm about to head to the cancer center.
Well that really was a good deal! I don't blame ya and prob would have done the same. Let me know if you come across another like that. Live Strong!
Old 07-26-2010, 11:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

crap... can't find the files....
anyone has a copy of these files?
Old 07-26-2010, 06:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by siptang1227 View Post
crap... can't find the files....
anyone has a copy of these files?
Check preware. the uberkernal is there. good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Check preware. the uberkernal is there. good luck.
i was reading that not too long ago.
Have you tried that one? If anyone has, any reviews on it?
Old 07-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by siptang1227 View Post
i was reading that not too long ago.
Have you tried that one? If anyone has, any reviews on it?
I have indeed used the uberkernel. It was stable and smooth for me. I'd still be using it had the 1g thunderchief not been released.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre