PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910 - Adrynalyne's Base 1.3 ROM
Carrier: Verizon

Supahrob is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Re: Adrynalyne's Base and M2D ROMs v. 1.3

Hey there!
I seem to be experiencing a MINOR issue - and if it can't be fixed I can absolutely live with it (I could never go back to a ROM that takes all this space from me, lol).

I am using your Base 1.3 ROM, and I also have MS3 installed (which I suspect is part of the issue, maybe even the cause itself). On the lifestyle screen, when I put widgets on the screen, every once in a while, they will lose their icon and revert to some generic icon. The widget still works - if I click on it, the program still launches... and often times if I wait long enough, the icon will correct itself.

Now, this didn't happen until this ROM, I had previously used the stock (of course), the leaked, Blazingwolf's and now this one. Thats the ONLY reason I even mention it, because I still kinda think this is MS3 related. But I figured I would take a shot and see if it MIGHT be ROM related.

Again, this is a minor issue either way.

Take care,
Rob
Old 05-07-2009, 10:20 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Re: Adrynalyne's Base and M2D ROMs v. 1.3

I reckon it could be an issue with grigoris taskbar v3, but I don't think so.

Anyone else having this issue?
Old 05-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have noticed minor changes in the taskbar icons. Sometimes they are monochrome and sometimes color. I use your Base 1.0, SPB MS2 and Today 2 with DiamondQVGA.

As I said, minor. Unless the color has a significance I'm not aware of. I wouldn't have brought it up on it's own.

Ted

Melancholia by Verizon SCH-i910
Adryn CF03 V2.0 8GB/16GB µSDHC
WM 6.5 Pro CE OS 5.2.23008 (23008.5.3.0)

Another Proud Member of FA. Time since last relapse: < One Day (at a Time).

If somebody helped you please click the button in the bottom right corner of their post.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 BGill Neo Alpha 2.0 v3

tgd1595 is becoming a great contributor

I have been having the same issue as Supahrob. Usually a soft reset will fix it but not all the time. Sometimes the icons just come back on their own, seems pretty random.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:32 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Icons of what exactly?
Old 05-07-2009, 11:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 BGill Neo Alpha 2.0 v3

tgd1595 is becoming a great contributor

The icons for the widgets I have added on the Lifestyle Layout on MS 3. It only happens to 1 or two of them at a time, not all of them. I have tried deleting them and adding them again, then doing a soft reset. Sometimes works sometimes doesn't. Eventually it somehow fixes itself, so it doesn't concern me too much.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:14 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

I'll play with MS3, but it sounds like an issue with the app itself.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Lurker

Supahrob is a n00b

Oh, I totally agree - I suspect it has at least something to do with MS3 (although it seems like something similar may be happening with MS2) - just once again, it didn't happen until THIS ROM. But that could well be just a coincidence. I would not in the least be suprised to find that it is TOTALLY an MS3 issue.

The icons (or widgets... I hate that term!) seem to be random. First it was ESword, Olive Tree Bible Reader, and Pocket Twit. Then those righted themselves (or came back after a soft reset) and then Shozu did it, then some other programs here and there. Just random icons - and its just a graphical issue - the text below the icon is still correct and pressing them still launches the correct program, and the program runs just fine. This is an extremly minor issue that I was actually hesitant to bring up, as I have read through this entire thread and see that you have much more important things you are dealing with (and NOT just with this ROM, lol). But it in the end, I thought to bring it up as more of an "FYI" kinda deal.

I am still completely impressed with this ROM, and will be donating to you when/if I can.

Take care,
Rob
Old 05-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Lurker

Supahrob is a n00b

I am convinced it is either with MS3 or the Taskbar program - and I love both, so I can live with the funky icons.

I found this thread that convinced me: http://www.samsung-omnia.org/how-to/...g-to-my-icons/

Take care,
Rob
Old 05-07-2009, 12:57 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

When I get a chance I'll upload the original dlls that control the taskbar icons for you to test.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development