PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 06:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: samsung omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

bmaner is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adrynalyne's Base ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post

Its in the first post.

I do apologize but all I see is this:

"Can I flash the original ROM with your cooked ROM?

--No. On top of that, this is only the PDA part of the phone. The GPS unlock comes from the phone part."

Sorry but I am confused. I just do not want to brick my phone.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:22 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Original=rom that came with phone.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:24 PM
N00b

bmaner is a n00b

Ok i think I understand now. Correct me if I am wrong but I need to flash with this ROM first to unlock GPS : i910WM6.1.REV10.CC20.VZW.img

Then Adrenylene's ROM is really a PDA flash ? And the leaked ROM allows for this ?

Sorry to be a headache I am still learning....
Old 04-24-2009, 06:27 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Basically, yes.

The beta rom upgrades certain parts of the phone. The cooked rom I made is based on this rom, and it apparently needs those upgrades to work.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:28 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike1dad2 View Post
Awesome work adrynalyne. Just waiting on one thing and I'll convert. Love your thought process. Many props to you. =D>=D>

What a pain this was. Let me know if it doesn't work for you.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Verizon Visual Voice Mail.cab (936.8 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:04 PM
N00b

bmaner is a n00b

Quote:
Basically, yes.

The beta rom upgrades certain parts of the phone. The cooked rom I made is based on this rom, and it apparently needs those upgrades to work.

DUDE YOU ROCK!!!!! THIS THING IS BLAZING FAST NOW AND THE LOOK IS AWESOME. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Old 04-24-2009, 07:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: omnia i910
Carrier: vzw

bike1dad2 is just getting started

Quote:
What a pain this was. Let me know if it doesn't work for you.
Too cool. I'll flash tonight and let you know. I owe you at least a 12 pack. payday soon. maybe a case as I think about it.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:16 PM
Matticus

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Did I miss something? I was able to just download VVM from the verizon downloads page and it worked fine. Trust me, I spent most of the afternoon calling myself and messaging myself and all that fun crap bug huntin'. So far, everything still appears to be superfantastic with the rom. Kudos to you, sir!
Old 04-24-2009, 07:18 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

LMAO. Link? I never found it. Use that instead!
Old 04-24-2009, 07:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

smarcisin is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to smarcisin

wow i had my doubts this phone could get any faster after flashing with wozzers rom but congrats adrynalyne this rom is so fast with so much room!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development