PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 09:15 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adrynalyne's Base ROM

how about making a 1.0 m2d version for us m2d heads
Old 04-25-2009, 09:20 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongs View Post
Thanks Robtao.
1.0 is out and I'm without the working phone. I timed to get 1.0 today and rehearsing with 0.9 as warmup experience, bad luck. I can't wait to get the replacement and try out 1.0, probably 1.xxx already at that time. This will be my longest waiting period. I hope you enjoy the 1.0
If it makes you feel any better, I flashed to 1.0 and my phone took a nose dive into the payment. Tore it up pretty good.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:37 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtcee View Post
how about making a 1.0 m2d version for us m2d heads

You know, I can, but the reality is, its easier for you and me, to install it as a package. You will have more flexibility, and the performance is identical.

http://winmo.sztupy.hu/m2daio.html
Old 04-25-2009, 10:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

leongs one other thing. When you flash the next time turn off or unplug all other USB devices. I don't use a hub (except for the one on the motherboard). I know there is supposed to be no interaction, etc. but I'm a little paranoid when flashing.

I also reboot the host system right before the flash. If you feel like it, shut down any IM routines, etc. in the taskbar. If I had anything Norton (it's been years) I would shut that down, too.

My system is powered through a UPS using a Duralast tractor battery. At about 30 minutes run time on the battery the UPS drivers heat up and warn of 5 minutes left. I've been meaning to add a 12V muffin fan to it but . . .I lost my round toit?

I just do everything I can think of to nip in the bud anything that could interfere with the flash. Old habits die hard.

Ted

Melancholia by Verizon SCH-i910
Adryn CF03 V2.0 8GB/16GB µSDHC
WM 6.5 Pro CE OS 5.2.23008 (23008.5.3.0)

Another Proud Member of FA. Time since last relapse: < One Day (at a Time).

If somebody helped you please click the button in the bottom right corner of their post.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia II

Robtao is keeping up the good workRobtao is keeping up the good work

I tried HTC Voice Recorder on .9, and it keeps closing, or switching to the Today screen. I have to have some type of working Voice recorder, hopefully free. I am about to flash 1.0 and will see how that works out.

Verizon: XV6700, XV6800 w/ROMs cooked in PPCGeeks Kitchen, Omnia i910 with cac2us ROM and Omnia 2 with Ninja4Hire's ROMS.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:23 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Resco Audio Recorder works well.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia II

Robtao is keeping up the good workRobtao is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
If it makes you feel any better, I flashed to 1.0 and my phone took a nose dive into the payment. Tore it up pretty good.
Ohhh, sorry about that. Insurance help?
Old 04-25-2009, 10:46 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Yeah I am going use Insurance with it. Was hoping to wait for the official firmware first though.

It still works, its just a little banged up.

Last edited by Adrynalyne; 04-25-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:47 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

FYI--If you guys don't like the taskbar, there is more than ample space to install any version of grigoris taskbar.

Last edited by Adrynalyne; 04-25-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Re: Resco Backup:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
xPos,

I don't really have a satisfactory answer there. I reccomend a clean install if there are significant changes in a rom when flashing.

I choose Resco mainly because:

1. It will invalidate the integrity of the backup if there are big enough changes in the rom flash.

2. It is very quick.

3. It has incremental backups.

SPB was nice, but I found it to be much less finger friendly, as well as the backups regularly failed for me on restoration. Resco seems to handle integrity verification quite well.
I just downloaded your Base 1.0 Final and Resco Backup (no need for the Recorder). Where do you recommend installing Resco after I flash 1.0 Final? Device or My Storage (since the card gets a copy anyway)?

Thanks. When you say Brew, are you talking real hot or real cold? Whichever you want.

Ted
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development