PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 03:28 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adrynalyne's Base ROM

Update on 1.0.

So far every application works without a hitch, including the wifi loader, bluetooth, wifi, phone, audio, video, camera, video, flash in the browsers works great.

Now to stress test for stability.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom27 View Post
Fixed... just with a reboot
Yeah it fixes a lot of stuff. Been doin' that since before DOS. Before CPM.

Waiting on 1.0.

Not that impatient, though. I know the importance of testing. Better a than an .

Ted

Melancholia by Verizon SCH-i910
Adryn CF03 V2.0 8GB/16GB µSDHC
WM 6.5 Pro CE OS 5.2.23008 (23008.5.3.0)

Another Proud Member of FA. Time since last relapse: < One Day (at a Time).

If somebody helped you please click the button in the bottom right corner of their post.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Lurker

leongs is a n00b

Hi Adrynalyne,

I know this posting is for new version 1.
I updated with your 0.9 and my i910 power turn off after it is finished with PDA and stated as Launched. The Blue highlight didn't come up. I have follow as per procedure.
I updated with beta rom first and it went well. After that I updated with 0.9 then the power went out. Removing battery, and charging has no sign of live. please don't take this as negative. I just want to know what went wrong and how I did wrong so I won't run into the same problem with rev 1.

Thanks
Old 04-25-2009, 05:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia II

Robtao is keeping up the good workRobtao is keeping up the good work

You should always be able to flash back to the beta ROM. I think I would then try again on .9. You might want to post exactly what you did to help someone diagnose the error.

What about holding down the power button? In the real OFF state, the button has to be held down to turn back on.

Verizon: XV6700, XV6800 w/ROMs cooked in PPCGeeks Kitchen, Omnia i910 with cac2us ROM and Omnia 2 with Ninja4Hire's ROMS.

Last edited by Robtao; 04-25-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:05 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

There is always risk, sadly. Keep us updated as RobTao suggested.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:16 PM
Lurker

leongs is a n00b

Hi Robtao - The phone is dead, nothing I can do to reflash. The power doesn't turn on.

This is what I did. First time flash on i910 after reading weeks on many forums.
1. Flashed with beta rom, went OK. Bootup as normal phone with new features like Dice and others.

2. Then I turnoff the phone start with Omina UMDL as before and follow steps listed in the first post of this #1. Select PDA & 0.9 flashrom.bin & Detect. Connect usb with phone (off already) and turn on. I did the both USB connection activesync disable already. It flashed 100% and said Finished & Launched.
3. I thought after this completion it will reboot itself and phone will start as usual, BUT it went dead. No power can turn on, took off battery nothing works. Charging no indication. The Blue highlight on the UMDL didn't show, remains as green.
4. Used XP PC, & flashed 6800 & 6900 experience before. The USB is not rev 1.1, newer. Flashed the beta rom and 0.9 follows in flashing. I am losing confidence flashing when 1.0 available.

Any suggestion can helps.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:21 PM
Lurker

leongs is a n00b

I forgot mentioning the replacement phone and battery both coming on next Tue or Wed the latest. I can't flash again until I know what went wrong. I'm back with 6800 for now.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nvrmind is keeping up the good worknvrmind is keeping up the good work

Did your battery have a good charge?

Try to plug it into the wall... If you don't get the charging indicator, try unplugging and removing the battery, then plug it in and put the battery in while it's plugged in...

Let me know how it goes... Had a problem like this when flashing a Moto Q9c once. Got it going in the end...
Old 04-25-2009, 06:36 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

1.0-Final has been released.

Check the first post.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:37 PM
Lurker

leongs is a n00b

nvrmind - The battery is charged 100% before flashing. I check battery and changing per your suggestion, no luck.
The usb connection is checked & connected well. There will be no phone data activity while flashing since it was just updated with Omnia UMDL and at raw phone state without any programs installed. It is very weird, I have prepared as much as I can avoiding the fallout. The 0.9 Flashrom.bin size is 83,493 KB BIN File
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development