PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 05:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution
Carrier: Sprint Everything Plus - Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans
Re: HTC Passion VZW (Dragon)!! coming soon

Wow, VZW is killing'em! Storm2, Omnia2, Curve2, Dragon, Droid, Calgary (Droid Eris, Imagio sux).....this is rediculous! What, Sprint has....slow Hero...slow TP2 .....WAIT, Samsung Moment...not 1ghz, but 800mhz ain't nothing to sneeze at.....and that's it. Rumor's aside about the HD2 (which factually is going T-Mobile), man, looks like my upgrade is "forced" to the cheap looking, but not too bad moment...oh wait, the Tour?

Last edited by Journeyjeans; 10-27-2009 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:57 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Honestly, from what I was told, HD2 is coming to Sprint very soon! They were gonna get the Diamond2, same as Imagio, decided to skip it and are now in line for HD2. So don't jump yet!

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 10-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Awesome news. Come on Sprint keep up with the big dawgs!
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 10-28-2009, 01:14 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I am wondering if it's going to be the same exact OS as the G1 with TMobile. Android ran so smoothly on their phone!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 10-28-2009, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: Verizon

bryn987 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
It looks to me like big red is placing it's bets on Android. I was really hoping Verizon would get the HD2, but if they dont get any winmo phones that can compete with this one I might have to start learning more about Android.
Isn't the Passion almost exactly like the HD2?
Old 10-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryn987 View Post
Isn't the Passion almost exactly like the HD2?
Internally it is, but the outside looks a lot like the cdma hero, and it is android based.

Santod where did you hear HD2 is coming to sprint? I would actually switch for that phone.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyjeans View Post
Wow, VZW is killing'em! Storm2, Omnia2, Curve2, Dragon, Droid, Calgary (Droid Eris, Imagio sux).....this is rediculous! What, Sprint has....slow Hero...slow TP2 .....WAIT, Samsung Moment...not 1ghz, but 800mhz ain't nothing to sneeze at.....and that's it. Rumor's aside about the HD2 (which factually is going T-Mobile), man, looks like my upgrade is "forced" to the cheap looking, but not too bad moment...oh wait, the Tour?
hmmmm heroe slow? We have one and its pretty fast.. tp2 as well wait got one of those 2 and its speedy and awesome screen. Got to play with the moment today and its awesome!! Htc hd2 rumor still around and who knows if its true or not till we see something I do hope so though!
Old 10-28-2009, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

copper rs is a n00b

Anyone care to comment on how android is as a business phone, compared with WinMo or Blackberry? Is it really appropriate? I need a new phone, and love android, but fear how it will work for business? Can it do exchange mail natively? What about office docs?
Old 10-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I love the commercial for it....has anyone seen it?

This is going to be a very nice phone! I can't wait
Old 10-28-2009, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: verizon

rb240z is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper rs View Post
Anyone care to comment on how android is as a business phone, compared with WinMo or Blackberry? Is it really appropriate? I need a new phone, and love android, but fear how it will work for business? Can it do exchange mail natively? What about office docs?
Yes it does exchange push mail, and it also reads microsoft office docs... Go to Motorola's website for the droid....

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives