PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Microsoft "Pink" Phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclife View Post
These devices aren't going to stop MS from making a true high end smartphone. They are designed to fill a market segment, which from what I can tell, they will fill nicely. I would never buy one, and MS doesn't expect me too, but I don't hate MS for trying to get into that space. No one is losing respect for HTC when they release the Tattoo, or no one loses respect for Intel when they made the Atom processor. It fills a segment, and having good coverage across segments is just smart business practice.

Agree Magoo, a Zune HD like phone would be a hit. I expect to see it, so let's wait and see. A phone with Tegra and an OLED display... lots to look forward to!
i agree with your top segment, and sincerely hope you are correct that the zune hd may become a phone in the neer future. the thought of tegra, oled and the unexpected surprises of wm7 make me very happy.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclife View Post
These devices aren't going to stop MS from making a true high end smartphone. They are designed to fill a market segment, which from what I can tell, they will fill nicely. I would never buy one, and MS doesn't expect me too, but I don't hate MS for trying to get into that space. No one is losing respect for HTC when they release the Tattoo, or no one loses respect for Intel when they made the Atom processor. It fills a segment, and having good coverage across segments is just smart business practice.

Agree Magoo, a Zune HD like phone would be a hit. I expect to see it, so let's wait and see. A phone with Tegra and an OLED display... lots to look forward to!
Only reason why people still have respect for The Htc Tattoo is becuase no on in the U.S will buy it since the Touch Pro2 is out. Plus all the deviced they put out are all high end phones. Now LG is a different story.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mclife is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo_215 View Post
Only reason why people still have respect for The Htc Tattoo is becuase no on in the U.S will buy it since the Touch Pro2 is out. Plus all the deviced they put out are all high end phones. Now LG is a different story.
I think people would buy the Tattoo in the US. The TP2 ain't cheap, so the Tattoo isn't a bad alternative for the cash strapped non power smartphone user. The TP2 is also quite large. HTC makes lots of phones in this lower end smartphone segment, we just don't talk about them. Unlike Apple, WinMo gives us so many choices of devices to fit what features and design characteristics we value the most. That includes the size of our wallets.

LG.... I was grabbing lunch and the cashier saw my phone and asked me, "is that a touchscreen phone?" (I have a Diamond). I say "yeah, I like it a lot." She says, "yeah I have the LG something (didn't bother to retain the model name in my memory)." I say, "ohhh, cooool" and walk away. I was tempted to say more, but didn't want to hold up the line for hours and hours.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

johnnycakes2 is keeping up the good workjohnnycakes2 is keeping up the good work

I'm very encouraged by this news.

Project Pink always sounded like some candy-coated endeavor, and now we know that's exactly what it was. MS bought Danger and its team to design and work on these "tween" devices and the mystery is over and that's out of the way. There is a segment of the market that will buy these and MS is simply capitalizing on it. Can you imagine our simultaneous heartbreak had Project Pink turned out to be a new WM7 phone and these were the result? Whew! We dodged a bullet.

Having said that, WM7 will either be a game changer or game over for MS. There is no second chance for them. I use Vista and have no problems with it, but if WM7 gets labeled as a Mobile Vista then it's all over. People will go to Android, BB or other and will not wait 6-12 months for WM7.5.

Here are the ingredients to a sure success:

3.8-4" AMOLED, multitouch, capacitive, WVGA 800x480, 16.4m colors
Tegra II CPU/GPU (avail. 2H 2010)
1 GB RAM
8 GB ROM + micoSDHC
CDMA/GSM Worldphone (SIM card slot)
WiFi, WiMAX, Bluetooth 2.1+ EDR
GPS & FM Radio
8 MP Camera w/LED Flash, Auto-focus & Auto-Stabilization
3.5" mm Headphone Jack & Mini-USB Jack
Removable 1500 mAH Li-Ion Battery

I'll take it with WM7 if it includes Zune and XBOX. But if WM7 doesn't deliver us unto the Promised Land, give me the same specs with Android "Flan" or "Gelato".

Thank you for listening.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

why couldnt they just take the zune add a speaker and make that a phone......stupid ms i wont buy that pre lookin pos
Old 09-25-2009, 12:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Easy as cake, just turn the Zune into a phone so we can leave Htc.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I rather get a Pre if Im goin to get a phone like this.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:56 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Why would the company that belongs to the richest man in the US enter the phone market with phones that look like cheap plastic toys? Those both look hideous. I expected much better from M$

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 10-02-2009, 09:18 AM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
Why would the company that belongs to the richest man in the US enter the phone market with phones that look like cheap plastic toys? Those both look hideous. I expected much better from M$
agreed!
Old 10-03-2009, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Syph3r is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch Pro: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycakes2
I'm very encouraged by this news.

Project Pink always sounded like some candy-coated endeavor, and now we know that's exactly what it was. MS bought Danger and its team to design and work on these "tween" devices and the mystery is over and that's out of the way. There is a segment of the market that will buy these and MS is simply capitalizing on it. Can you imagine our simultaneous heartbreak had Project Pink turned out to be a new WM7 phone and these were the result? Whew! We dodged a bullet.

Having said that, WM7 will either be a game changer or game over for MS. There is no second chance for them. I use Vista and have no problems with it, but if WM7 gets labeled as a Mobile Vista then it's all over. People will go to Android, BB or other and will not wait 6-12 months for WM7.5.

Here are the ingredients to a sure success:

3.8-4" AMOLED, multitouch, capacitive, WVGA 800x480, 16.4m colors
Tegra II CPU/GPU (avail. 2H 2010)
1 GB RAM
8 GB ROM + micoSDHC
CDMA/GSM Worldphone (SIM card slot)
WiFi, WiMAX, Bluetooth 2.1+ EDR
GPS & FM Radio
8 MP Camera w/LED Flash, Auto-focus & Auto-Stabilization
3.5" mm Headphone Jack & Mini-USB Jack
Removable 1500 mAH Li-Ion Battery

I'll take it with WM7 if it includes Zune and XBOX. But if WM7 doesn't deliver us unto the Promised Land, give me the same specs with Android "Flan" or "Gelato".

Thank you for listening.
Price of a phone like that = 1,500+

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives