PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 09:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint

christophocles is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Specs released

All that really matters to me is the hardware. They can cripple the software all they want; we will (most likely) be able to flash the phone to WM6.5 and then WM7 and uncripple the software to use all of the features included in the hardware. This includes the FM radio, GSM/EDGE radio, VGA video recording etc etc. I think this will be a killer phone and the talented hacker community will be all over it. However if they go removing hardware features like the audio jack and the camera flash, then we're not so lucky. Battery covers can be replaced, but it looks like Sprint will do a lot more damage than just that.. They can't be as bad as VZW, though..
Old 08-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
I just can't justify getting this to replace my TP. I don't see anything that gets me excited.
i agree.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksg View Post
- No camera flashlight/LED (in its place is a MUTE button-- which is in a horrible location. I can totally see myself hitting it while talking on the phone).
wtf? i thought the bottom thing was the led like my tp, if this doesnt have a light that blows it for me, what a deal breaker

btw, can sprint developers get a dump of the rom? that clock looks nicer than the stock sprint tp one, id like to know what other software theyre putting in it

Old 08-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
It's ok. Atleast we have a bigger screen. Just look at it as a bigger TP with all the strengths and weaknesses.

Yeah! But over 600$ for 1 more inch or screen? Good god!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpsyco View Post
The Telus version has been out for a week. I went to the store to touch it and feel it and I must admit that i'm pretty disapointed. I love my diamond because it's a WM PDA and it's small. I was expecting someting more like the TP, but a little thinner. Finnally I found it big and heavy. I could probably use it as a weapon if i'm attacked by a burglar.

I think i'll keep my Diamond and hope for the Diamond 2 to be smaller and thinner.

Thats how I feel. I like the small compact of the PRo. Sure.. 1 inch bigger screen is nice.. but that just makes the phone big as a brick!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:26 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Yeah! But over 600$ for 1 more inch or screen? Good god!
And where did U get the 600 bucks? The phone is in rumor to unofficial specs state. And U have a price?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 08-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
It's kind of ironic. When we wanted the black back piece, they gave us silver. Now they're giving us a black back, but the silver one looks better lol
that is a very good point lol
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 08-05-2009, 10:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: sprint

anhminh0 is a n00b

On the website from Sprint. The touch pro have INTERNATIONAL QUADBAND . what's meanning ??? thank you
Old 08-05-2009, 10:28 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by anhminh0 View Post
On the website from Sprint. The touch pro have INTERNATIONAL QUADBAND . what's meanning ??? thank you
It will be a world phone. SO it will have a CDMA and a GSM radio. GSM is used by the rest of the world. It's very useful for businessman/woman for travelling. The thing is, When U use it internationally, U will use the GSM network on that country. They will then charge sprint for using their network and sprint will then charge U for it. Not unless if U have the GSM radio unlocked.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Thats how I feel. I like the small compact of the PRo. Sure.. 1 inch bigger screen is nice.. but that just makes the phone big as a brick!
Yeah I seen I think on WMExperts they had a comparison of most all the new HTC Phones along with the Wing and a few others and the Touch Pro 2 was the biggest. I think the HTC Touch HD is the perfect size. You have your nice WVGA display but not the bulk of the Touch Pro 2 plus the wieght for that matter as well.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives