PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 01:34 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint's Playbook Info (Rebate Pic Updated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchico67 View Post
That came from the playbook that authorized dealers get. The info about the TP 2 release date is in the managers edition playbook that corporate people get. This proves nothing. Plus MIR forms have been changed in the middle of the rebate period many times.
Please don't quote large image files like this. It puts an additional strain on the server and our bandwidth that is totally unnecessary. Thanks!

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_Nate View Post
Indeed, much like the Blackberry Tour. It can work on the CDMA network, as well as internationally/globally. It can also run on the GSM networks, so for example, if I wanted to buy an AT&T Prepaid SIM card, and put $20 per month unlimited texting on it, I could use that SIM card in the Tour/Touch Pro2, even though it's for Sprint. I know for a fact that the Tour is capable of this right now. I can not confirm it as fact until we see a TP2, but if it runs the same dual band/dual network capability as the Tour, then it should do the same!

Also, the only 4G device out right now is the U300 USB Aircard, and that is only in select cities. Baltimore was the first 4G testing ground.
Will have to wait and see how it shapes up as I rem. reading the TP2 went through the FCC on CDMA only. Meaning it will have the GSM features, but they won't be usable in the US as the FCC hasn't tested and approved that for US use. Not sure how the phone will detect that it is in the US though so we'll have to see how this all shapes out.
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HERO & TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT -my paycheck-
Threadstarter

GODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GODZSON
Thumbs up Re: Sprint's Playbook Info (Rebate Pic Updated)

Thx to many for the love here an Pm's, you all know my themes and fellowship here.. Thanks to Major Nate for also coming on board and helping out. Will have updates wednesday. Hope you all have a blessed weekend, I have just finished my new theme Hero 6.5 Major Nate took a bit do to time as you know..

To all Be Safe and God Bless

Donations (show love for my work)
Old 08-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to bigchico67

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendevl View Post
Ah that's great news. I heard about this before on the Sprint TP2 but wasn't sure, this really does make it the "perfect" phone as I travel overseas fairly often.
Though at first I thought the original post was referring to 3g and 4g capability as some rumors have been going around suggesting it.

It does not have 4G capabilities.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker

bigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
Please don't quote large image files like this. It puts an additional strain on the server and our bandwidth that is totally unnecessary. Thanks!
my bad I didn't know it would show all of that actually.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JackG058 is becoming a great contributor

I too will be watching this thread closely. Good information here. Thanks and keep us fed, please!
Old 08-03-2009, 06:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HERO & TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT -my paycheck-
Threadstarter

GODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GODZSON
Thumbs up Re: Sprint's Playbook Info (Rebate Pic Updated)

2 Days left for updates
Old 08-05-2009, 01:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

today is wednesday

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 08-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1ustad View Post
today is wednesday
I think the updates come on Thursday don't they?

er n/m... I see above Wednesday. Oh pls pls pls let there be some news this week.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Yes playbook wasn't released today.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives