PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which phone are you more likely to buy?
HTC Touch Pro 2 51 50.00%
HTC Diamond 2 13 12.75%
WiMax Touch HD 38 37.25%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2009, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

magicalan is keeping up the good workmagicalan is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WiMax Touch HD?

I dont know what to buy anymore so many options
1.Diamond2 (if it ever gets released)
2.NOW TOUCH HD
3.Palm Pre
4.Pro2
all from sprint now WHICH ONE DO I BUY? >:[
Old 05-27-2009, 09:13 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

this is the device i have been wanting since before the 4g .i wanted this when it was just the hd so if it comes im so all over this thing like no ohter i want it so bad i will sell my girlfriend for it does anybody need a girl ive got one lol
Old 05-27-2009, 09:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: ATR 3.0- I just pay Sprint for Minutes.

TaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well I prefer the Touch HD over the TD2 any day...TD2 is an ugly thing to look at...its too basic looking and the screen is to lanky for me...the HD got the 3.5 mm jack which is a huge plus not to mention WiMax...same specs for the most part internal wise...ram,rom size...plus its got a sd slot which will come in handy..this thread got me really excited..regardless if it hits this year or not. this is the phone to get....

I also think we should start a poll for this thread....preferred new upcoming phones....TP2,TD2, THD, Pre ect....just a thought...like to see if any else is excited bout the HD as much as me..

Last edited by TaylorSPJ; 05-27-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorSPJ View Post
Well I prefer the Touch HD over the TD2 any day...TD2 is an ugly thing to look at...its too basic looking and the screen is to lanky for me...
I know the HD's screen is bigger, but is the aspect ratio different as well?
Old 05-27-2009, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: ATR 3.0- I just pay Sprint for Minutes.

TaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by badchad View Post
I know the HD's screen is bigger, but is the aspect ratio different as well?
yea...theres a link either on this page or the page back showing the two phones side by side....and the TD2 just looks hideous...i hate that the didn't proportion the screen to maximize full effect....its basically the same width as the pro and diamond now....just had a growth spurt...but the HD is even all around and I love the black casing...no ugly mix match between gray/silver and black....the HD should have been released in the US last yr....they would have made tons of money from that phone here. I think it would have grabbed more attention over the iphone.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon

Lucky me, Clearwire just rolled out WiMax in Atlanta.
Unlucky me, no WM devices to use it with.

However this new really tickles the fancies (if you know what I mean) I'd totally lose the Touch Pro + keyboard for the Touch HD if they it shipped with Wi-Max.

The real question for me is... why didn't HTC just make the Touch Pro 2 the same as the Touch HD and added a keyboard?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:06 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Curious question indeed wjr.. I would assume that Wi-Max chip is fairly huge, since that HD is big...
Old 05-28-2009, 02:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm 650, palm 700, palm 750, HTC Mogul, HTC touch Pro

reggiep is a n00b

It seems that knobody has asked the TRULY BIG QUESTION!!! Since the HD came out around the same time in Europe as the TP and TD came out here...will the HD be upgradable to 6.5 and then 7 later down the line? I think that besides the screen size, this is a major concern.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:24 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Touch HD all the way baby!!!!

late,
Coz
Old 05-28-2009, 12:52 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Smile Re: WiMax Touch HD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggiep View Post
It seems that knobody has asked the TRULY BIG QUESTION!!! Since the HD came out around the same time in Europe as the TP and TD came out here...will the HD be upgradable to 6.5 and then 7 later down the line? I think that besides the screen size, this is a major concern.
no im not concrened we have some of the smartesr people here o know they can mske it eor better than htc or any carrier

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives