PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Does this tickle your mojo?
Sexy? 39 41.94%
Not Sexy? 10 10.75%
It's no match for the Touch HD ... d*mnit HTC, bring a CDMA/GSM Touch HD 3G to the US already! 44 47.31%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hitatchi-G1000(every Good phone)Touch+Treo 800W+(iphone3G)+Diamond+Touch Pro+(PRE)+TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carrier: Had to try the IP3G=Now Sprint for life!!

rell0202 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rell0202 Send a message via MSN to rell0202 Send a message via Yahoo to rell0202
Re: Toshiba TG01 - Sexy? Not Sexy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
I looks good but it didn't drop my jaw or make me drool, not by any means.
I know lol its not like its the pre LMAO
Old 02-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleis View Post
and if the camera is less than 5pm...NO GO!
You realize that loads of megapixels mean absolutely squat when your lens is a tiny chip of glass? Who actually expects the camera on their cell to replace an actual camera anyway? Even the most basic $150 point and shoot digital cam will blow any phone cam away. I like to think of my phone camera as an added extra for getting that snapshot when you didn't think to have your camera with you but there is no way it would replace my little $150 PowerShot or my DSLR. A phone cam is more like a Polaroid
Old 02-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Eris
Carrier: verizon

aleis is keeping up the good workaleis is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
You realize that loads of megapixels mean absolutely squat when your lens is a tiny chip of glass? Who actually expects the camera on their cell to replace an actual camera anyway? Even the most basic $150 point and shoot digital cam will blow any phone cam away. I like to think of my phone camera as an added extra for getting that snapshot when you didn't think to have your camera with you but there is no way it would replace my little $150 PowerShot or my DSLR. A phone cam is more like a Polaroid
i hear you...but to have an omnia..yeah!
its THEE camera phone to have when you dont have (who wants to carry another device!) a point and shoot available.
and the 5mp with the right settings produces...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg omnia.jpg (577.2 KB, 43 views) Click for barcode!

Phandroid!
Old 02-03-2009, 03:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: TELUS

dj_mysha is keeping up the good workdj_mysha is keeping up the good work

I'm going to vote not sexy, but in the same way that a Porsche Carrera GT isn't sexy. Ridiculously powerful and fast as all hell, but designed with function well before form.
I like the size of the screen, love the slimness. I'm sure the kids at XDA will port TF3D over to it before it's even in the wild, so I wouldn't worry too much about the stripy interface.
I haven't seen anything about CDMA/GSM or North American availability yet. Anyone have details?
Old 02-03-2009, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Hoof is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
its THEE camera phone to have when you dont have (who wants to carry another device!) a point and shoot available.
Sorry dude that pic sucks....

Anyways I use my phone primarily as a portable laptop and as a phone second so the fact that it has a 4.1 screen is a blessing to me. Yea the UI is ugly as hell and I would get rid of it asap. Also battery life would be a concern on a such a thin device and with the 1ghz processor. But all in all if this drops before the touch hd its mine! Any news on availability would be great.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor

Definitely don't like the White, grey or whatever casing. The rainbow UI looks horrible.

Looks a bit too large.

I cannot disagree that its "just another black slab", but here in the U.S. I don't think we have a single "slab" with over a 3.0 inch screen.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Looks large. UI looks wacky but this is WM so it's not a deal breaker. The video doesn't look too promising. Hope the resistive screen is up to par with the better ones. Wish the Touch HD was this thin. Hell, I'd take anything 3.2+ this thin.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:04 AM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sorry if I missed something but, what carrier ? Oh wait not mine....most likely!!!
Old 02-04-2009, 12:04 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
I'll hold out for the Touch HD Pro.

late,
Coz
Ill second that

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
That just proves my point. That looks like something taken by my first ever digital camera. Colors and exposure are crap and it is nowhere near the image quality of even a ultracompact $150 camera. That is why I would carry a second device if I needed to take pictures. Camera phones are excellent for capturing that unexpected moment. I use mine all the time. It is very convenient when I am at work and I am rebuilding a rack and want a reference shot of how things were wired up before I took them apart. I still would never consider it a replacement for either my ultracompact or DSLR. It is a different tool for a different job.

edit: also, "Not Sexy". Too big. Same reason I didn't like the iPhone -- thin isn't everything if it is that wide. I am not much of an iPhone fan because I need something more capable of multitasking, typing, email, etc. but it fit well into the market. It appeals to the casual user that wants something fun and flashy in their pocket and has lots of fun apps. This looks enough like the iPhone that it will inevitably be compared yet I don't think this will appeal anywhere near as much to that audience. It's like the touch-only Blackberry. Blackberry excels at email and typing-centric uses as well as the usual basic browsing and gps stuff. To take away the main point of a Blackberry and compete as another touch-only device was a mistake.

Last edited by neodorian; 02-04-2009 at 02:36 PM.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives