PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 12:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

johnnycakes2 is keeping up the good workjohnnycakes2 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2009 HTC OEM Products

Here's how I call it:

Topaz/Citrine = 2009 Touch Diamond (no wheel, all screen)

Rhodium/Tungsten = 2009 Touch Pro (no wheel, all screen)

Firestone/Whitestone = 2009 Touch HD

Jasper = Sprint's 1st Android phone

How do I know all this? Measuring the keyboards on the Rhodium/Tungsten means they are NOT the Touch HD Pro everyone has been waiting for. The screen is not big enough and the reduction in key quantity on the keyboard does not allow them to achieve the same dimensions as the Touch HD.

Same goes for the Topaz/Citrine -- take a closer look. No flash on camera, same size screen and layout in faceplate keys at the R/T: this is clearly the nextgen Touch Diamond. The guys @ wmpoweruser are close but wrong.

Finally, to prove that the Topaz/Citrine/Rhodiums/Tungstens are NOT the Touch HD, look at the Firestone/Whitestone models. Look at how their screens are larger, edge-to-edge. Also, did you know that the Touch HD's original model name was Blackstone? That says everything right there.

As for the Jasper C, this is the one I find most curious. Think about it, if the R/T is the Touch Pro, what is the Jasper C? I say it's Sprint's model for Android. The Hero and Sapphire will be on TMO, AT&T etc. Also, the Jasper is presented in the same chronological grouping as those phones, so it only makes sense the Jasper is Sprint's Android phone.

Look closely at the images and tell me what you think.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: At&t Tilt 2 (Touch Pro 2)
Carrier: At&t

lordvader is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabackwoodboy View Post
Wow 800Mhz thats shoting pretty high i wouldnt get my hopes up for that but it would be very nice very very nice

Thats the Only way I would buy any of these phone
or if its a WM 7 not getting a 6.1
would be a waste of money
Old 01-13-2009, 02:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: Verizon

bryn987 is just getting started

Quote:
I agree. I love the layout of the Touch HD and was hoping to get a Touch HD type phone to run Android. Looks like regardless of OS, I can get a similar phone on Verizon or Sprint but I really want Android. Don't really want the keyboard though but I'll take it
Old 01-13-2009, 05:25 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrulez View Post
There's like a 99% chance. Look what they did with the Instinct.
According to what?

I'd be willing to bet $50 that you're wrong. Sure, I agree that the Pre will not live to the hype, just like the Instinct, but I hope Sprint learned their lesson with the Instinct plan. They would have sold more without that required plan, and they know it now..
Old 01-13-2009, 09:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dimomand
Carrier: sprint

foxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycakes2 View Post
Here's how I call it:

Topaz/Citrine = 2009 Touch Diamond (no wheel, all screen)

Firestone/Whitestone = 2009 Touch HD

How do I know all this? Measuring the keyboards on the Rhodium/Tungsten means they are NOT the Touch HD Pro everyone has been waiting for. The screen is not big enough and the reduction in key quantity on the keyboard does not allow them to achieve the same dimensions as the Touch HD.

Same goes for the Topaz/Citrine -- take a closer look. No flash on camera, same size screen and layout in faceplate keys at the R/T: this is clearly the nextgen Touch Diamond. The guys @ wmpoweruser are close but wrong.

Finally, to prove that the Topaz/Citrine/Rhodiums/Tungstens are NOT the Touch HD, look at the Firestone/Whitestone models. Look at how their screens are larger, edge-to-edge. Also, did you know that the Touch HD's original model name was Blackstone? That says everything right there.

As for the Jasper C, this is the one I find most curious. Think about it, if the R/T is the Touch Pro, what is the Jasper C? I say it's Sprint's model for Android. The Hero and Sapphire will be on TMO, AT&T etc. Also, the Jasper is presented in the same chronological grouping as those phones, so it only makes sense the Jasper is Sprint's Android phone.

Look closely at the images and tell me what you think.
wow, your logic is very convincing. I thought Topaz is HD and Tungsten is Pro. I will get teh firestone/whitestone then. Size is my top priority. anyone know which one will sprint have, firestone or whitestone? since Whitesone got 'W', it is not CDMA in USA? I heard someone said Japan.
but firestone got no 'C'
Old 01-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxnews View Post
wow, your logic is very convincing. I thought Topaz is HD and Tungsten is Pro. I will get teh firestone/whitestone then. Size is my top priority. anyone know which one will sprint have, firestone or whitestone? since Whitesone got 'W', it is not CDMA in USA? I heard someone said Japan.
but firestone got no 'C'

Size Hmmm... that could be taken all wrong..LOL!!!

Seriously though I just want a larger screen too, but I DO NOT need a keyboard...
Old 01-13-2009, 10:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

robertrulez is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
According to what?

I'd be willing to bet $50 that you're wrong. Sure, I agree that the Pre will not live to the hype, just like the Instinct, but I hope Sprint learned their lesson with the Instinct plan. They would have sold more without that required plan, and they know it now..
Im down with that bet. This is a FLAGSHIP phoen for sprint so of course they're going to be touting the SEP. Im 99% sure. I WANT THE PRE, badly, but im not getting it.

Hopefully the jasper wont require SEP.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

johnnycakes2 is keeping up the good workjohnnycakes2 is keeping up the good work

I'm not trying to break any hearts with this news, but I don't want anyone killing themselves if I happen to be right. If you need further convincing, checkout this sizeeasy comparison attachment for the Touch Diamond, Pro and HD. I can't imagine HTC building a Touch HD with a keyboard. You might as well carry a laptop in your pocket (and don't think I don't! )

Having said that, a full-screen Touch Pro isn't a bad thing, but it's not a Touch HD. The resolution won't be as great. And frankly having a moderately larger screen is not enough of a reason to upgrade to this. I'm thinking the Whitestone will come to Sprint, and that possibly that kickstand is also an antenna of sorts. We should find out everything next month at 3GSM.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sizeasyhd.jpg (36.4 KB, 60 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-13-2009, 10:48 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

So what would be a good upgrade from the Touch Pro if a bigger screen is not it?
Old 01-13-2009, 11:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Your options are the Rhodium/Tungsten, if you do want the larger screen and possibly better specs, i.e. proc and mem; or, the Firestone/Whitestone, if you want a 3.8-4" screen, 3.5" jack, better proc and mem. These will be on WinMo, most likely, at least 6.5, preferably 7, but I'm not holding my breath.

Again, nothing wrong with the Rhodium/Tungsten, but after owning the Mogul for 18 months I am so done with physical keyboards. Give me a larger screen, virtual input and shave off the thickness and I'm sold. Even if you do a lot of texting/emails, and I do, the slide-out kb is yesterday's method. Onscreen kb's have come a long way. The only benefit to the slide-out is a flash added to the camera, but so long as the camera quality w/o flash is decent, I'm fine.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives