View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 09:46 PM
foxnews
Regular 'Geeker

foxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2009 HTC OEM Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycakes2 View Post
Here's how I call it:

Topaz/Citrine = 2009 Touch Diamond (no wheel, all screen)

Rhodium/Tungsten = 2009 Touch Pro (no wheel, all screen)

Firestone/Whitestone = 2009 Touch HD

Jasper = Sprint's 1st Android phone

How do I know all this? Measuring the keyboards on the Rhodium/Tungsten means they are NOT the Touch HD Pro everyone has been waiting for. The screen is not big enough and the reduction in key quantity on the keyboard does not allow them to achieve the same dimensions as the Touch HD.

Same goes for the Topaz/Citrine -- take a closer look. No flash on camera, same size screen and layout in faceplate keys at the R/T: this is clearly the nextgen Touch Diamond. The guys @ wmpoweruser are close but wrong.

Finally, to prove that the Topaz/Citrine/Rhodiums/Tungstens are NOT the Touch HD, look at the Firestone/Whitestone models. Look at how their screens are larger, edge-to-edge. Also, did you know that the Touch HD's original model name was Blackstone? That says everything right there.

As for the Jasper C, this is the one I find most curious. Think about it, if the R/T is the Touch Pro, what is the Jasper C? I say it's Sprint's model for Android. The Hero and Sapphire will be on TMO, AT&T etc. Also, the Jasper is presented in the same chronological grouping as those phones, so it only makes sense the Jasper is Sprint's Android phone.

Look closely at the images and tell me what you think.
wow, your logic is very convincing. I thought Topaz is HD and Tungsten is Pro. I will get teh firestone/whitestone then. Size is my top priority. anyone know which one will sprint have, firestone or whitestone? since Whitesone got 'W', it is not CDMA in USA? I heard someone said Japan.
but firestone got no 'C'