PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 05:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mithodge is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I think you meant 1500 mAh for the Pro2. For a second there I thought you were saying this thing had a 1.5 GHz processor...
Old 02-21-2009, 06:39 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: 2009 HTC OEM Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
Which has better battery life ?

HTC Diamond 2
or
HTC Touch Pro 2

& what you guys think of Toshiba TG01 ?

thxs
I would imagine anything made by a company other than HTC has better battery life. I wasn't surprised the Diamond had bad BT - I don't think any HTC phone I've ever tried had good BT yet free phones have perfectly good BT quality. But the wretched battery life and radio signal on the Diamond really soured me on HTC products.

The Toshiba TG01 - is about the best form factor I've ever seen on a PDA phone (for my needs)
http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/17/t...eo-walkthrough

I just hope Sprint finally tries another company in addition to HTC so I'm not "looking forward to" another antiquated HTC phone to make it to Sprint. I don't care about the blinds skin for WM but the form factor and resolution are fantastic. I think about the only thing they could add that I'd really like is the LED for the flash - to use as a flashlight. I'd gladly trade the whole camera function just to get the flashlight functionality.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH

HChristianS is just getting started

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/0...pecs-prices-d/

New Updates on Devices!!
Old 03-04-2009, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

johnnycakes2 is keeping up the good workjohnnycakes2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChristianS View Post
I read that and also the link below:

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...up-gets-specd/

Unfortunately, both the Whitestone and Firestone are meaningless upgrades from the Touch HD or the Touch Pro 2. In fact, without a Tegra chip, camera flash, 8GB built-in memory, etc... to buy either one would be pointless. Even the screen size @ 3.6" is the same as the TP2. I thought for sure the White or Fire would be major improvements and multimedia devices galore. They aren't even worth my sweat. So... it's the TP2. I can't imagine anyone holding out for the others. Might as well wait for 2010 and WM7.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycakes2 View Post
I read that and also the link below:

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...up-gets-specd/

Unfortunately, both the Whitestone and Firestone are meaningless upgrades from the Touch HD or the Touch Pro 2. In fact, without a Tegra chip, camera flash, 8GB built-in memory, etc... to buy either one would be pointless. Even the screen size @ 3.6" is the same as the TP2. I thought for sure the White or Fire would be major improvements and multimedia devices galore. They aren't even worth my sweat. So... it's the TP2. I can't imagine anyone holding out for the others. Might as well wait for 2010 and WM7.
It would be pretty stupid if they put an 8 megapixel camera on the Firestone but didn't include a flash...
Old 03-05-2009, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good work
HTC Whitestone Coming to Verizon in September

Source: http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_2009_roa...s-news-821.php

Quoted: "Equipped with a kickstand and dual-mode GSM/CDMA support, Whitestone will pack a 528 MHz Qualcomm 7600 processor, 512MB of ROM and 256MB RAM and will run on Windows Mobile 6.x. The device is also expected to have a 3.6" WVGA display, 5-megapixel autofocus camera and GPS with A-GPS support. The guys from Verizon will start retailing it by September."

Good news for Verizon Wireless customers! Who knows, it might come with the new WM 6.5!
Old 03-05-2009, 04:56 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: HTC Whitestone Coming to Verizon in September

theyll still find a way to cripple it.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Does it come with a stylus shaped like a crutch?

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Engadget reported yesterday that it might not happen now.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:12 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

maybe htc told them to not cripple it so now they dont want it.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives