PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2008, 07:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Instinct
Carrier: Sprint

hawk_4031 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to hawk_4031
Re: Sprint android based phone Q1 09?

Well regardless of when it all happens, Sprint is a part of the Open Handset Alliance. Therefore, they have already vowed step into the world of open source by selling an Android enable phone. It's all a matter of time

http://www.openhandsetalliance.com/oha_members.html
Old 12-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Also, slightly off topic, they are getting ready to release a EVDO/Wimax hybrid modem for laptops and other devices. I would imagine that smartphones with this functionality are not too far behind. This is a great development because that's one of the things I specifically stated interest in when I was in the focus group for the Wimax testing here in Baltimore. I would love a unified device that would revert to EVDO when WiMax wasn't in range. Sprint could really become a great nationwide movile broadband service if they can get this out and market it well. I already love the speeds of the EVDO Rev. A in my area and WiMax is even better. It's just not got a lot of coverage yet.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:20 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
Also, slightly off topic, they are getting ready to release a EVDO/Wimax hybrid modem for laptops and other devices. I would imagine that smartphones with this functionality are not too far behind. This is a great development because that's one of the things I specifically stated interest in when I was in the focus group for the Wimax testing here in Baltimore. I would love a unified device that would revert to EVDO when WiMax wasn't in range. Sprint could really become a great nationwide movile broadband service if they can get this out and market it well. I already love the speeds of the EVDO Rev. A in my area and WiMax is even better. It's just not got a lot of coverage yet.
Oh yeah, Phones are not far behind with wimax. HTC 4G with wimax enabled already rolled out in russia.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 12-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
yeh but honestly how smart was it saying Sprint is too good for Android (a laugh in itself for a failing carrier), but considering google dumped millions into Sprint/Clearwire's WIMAX that was a pretty stupid comment to make
to be honest.. i think the statement was pretty accurate. as bad a shape sprint is in... they are still WELL ahead of t-mobile in terms of quality and subscribed customers. you dont see AT&T or Verizon rushing into getting an android handset right now do you? T-mobile technically is in the worst shape and needs something (a gamble on a new OS based phone) to try and incorporate some extra business in. i truely dont see how its "a laugh in itself" especially, like you said, they rolled out wimax. yeah google invested in it, but it doesnt mean sprint 'has' to put their brand in google's products. and he didnt say they wouldnt get an android handset neither, he said it isnt good enough for sprint yet. maybe sometime in the future when its more stable, which is understandable. i think you mis-interperated what he meant. sprint isnt too good for android, android just isnt stable enough for sprints brand.

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 12-08-2008, 02:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Soon...HTC Magic G2
Carrier: T-Mobile

redrazr7791 is just getting started

I wasn't talking about the phones here in the U.S. buddy and maybe my statement was too broad. I DISLIKE THE IPHONE, so please do not think of me as a Iphone fanboy. The phones i were talking about were the omnia and HD........THATS IT!!!! Now, i have seen the omnia videos and they are not that appealing to me, at least. That is why i like the HD and will probably order it. Now did i say that the diamond and TOUCH PRO were not good? No, i just do not like either of them, and after owning both, and still trying to sell my TOUCH PRO, i think i can have an opinion on both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSheep View Post
ya what phones are you talking about? do you even know what youre talking about? please enlighten us. if you say iphone i will kick/ban(20 secs) for bad word offense like i do on the ppcgeeks irc channel.. hehe j/k but seriously, sprint comes out with some nice phones. can you say diamond and touch pro?

edit: also we have heard something of a cdma android phone codenamed pigassi from a reliable source in the irc channel. no details of release dates yet though, sorry.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

NOW HERE IS SOME GOOD GOSSIP FOR YOU... Check this!
Old 12-09-2008, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Soon...HTC Magic G2
Carrier: T-Mobile

redrazr7791 is just getting started

Yea Diesel i just read that..........aint that some contradicting stuff. Sprint needs to get with it, all the posts on that site are of the bad news that sprint is going through.......they just keep stepping in "IT" everyway they move.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Yeah... Well.. If you are a fan of Sprint, or a subscriber, you will hate to read this news...
Old 12-10-2008, 03:06 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

And some more Sprint badnews here
Old 12-10-2008, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Hoof is becoming a great contributor

Even more bad news here...

Rename thread title to sprint bad news thread plx.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives